Saturday, April 20, 2013

EXPECTATIONS

P4060438Life is full of expectations.  I expect my computer to work when I press the start button.  I expect certain things of myself and also of others.  These should not be too high that failure is guaranteed.
 
When tragedy happens we have expectations that the cause will be determined and also that it will be prevented from happening again.

Dad and I are expecting to enjoy our day at the  graduation tea that Susan is hosting for Leah.  It was nice to go with our two daughters.  We are proud of all the hard work she has put into achieving her dreams.  Dad may not go as he is not feeling quite himself.  I will go with Carol and Sandra and hope we can find the place but even though I have been there I will be of no help.

We expect Sandra to do well in her exams today because she has also been working hard.

When I start out on my walk I have different expectations; sometimes to go as far and as fast as I can but other times just to do the least I can do but believing the fresh air will help clear my mind and help me wake up.
 
I expect my faith to help me answer some questions about life and it's meaning but also to stir up more and more questions.  What do I believe?  How should I act?  Why am I here?  All of us have felt that religion creates false expectations and false demands; but on the other hand everything has the power to be used for good for good or for evil.
 
I understand that beliefs about the Bible have changed with this generation who have had many more influences speak into their lives. 
 
Less people are seeing the need for faith because they do not feel any expectation of its knowledge to bring life and hope to their lives. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jesus didn't have to worry about the bible, or most of it anyway. He just gladly went about his business whacking away at the religious hierarchy of his day that was ossified and corrupt. I expect that he would be doing that with no less energy and conviction if he were alive today.

I expect you will be able to find Susan's place for the celebration for Leah's graduation.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

I am working on my expectations. Trying to make them more positive. I have my gps, we will get there no problem. Getting to my house past the vasiki parade might be a different matter. Sandra

Anonymous said...

So true we had to go to king George Highway and then back again.

love mom