Friday, December 9, 2016

CANCELLED

The morning started with tiny little snow flakes and me making the house ready for baby Oliver.  The plan was for Tavia and Shawn to bring us a roast beef dinner over.  Oliver is crawling so the floor needs to be clean and no sharp objects around. 

The snow got heavier and heavier so it was decided to cancel due to the weather.  They live on a steep hill and our driveway has filled in again.  Dad's stomach was also upset and I was resting a lot.  What a pair.

I hope we can be good to go on Sunday to the Pan Pacific to the Christmas brunch with Sandra's work.  I was hoping I would have had my iron transfusion by now but I phoned the doctor's office and they have forgotten.  I took some iron pills today and hope I do not react.

I have not been out at all.

Kim stopped in last night to pick up Haiti and today she has to hand in her final report.  She was feeling nervous.  Haiti likes her new jacket.

Love came down at Christmas
Love all lovely and divine
Love was born at Christmas
Stars and angels gave the sign.

If we are to be bearers of light and hope we need to receive the message of this Holy Season which is we are loved unconditionally.  God, the father, knew how much we needed to feel loved and secure in that love even in difficult circumstances.  Jesus came as one of us to bring new life into our souls.

Jesus is the key to the mystery of understanding the Heavenly Father.



2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

I heard you received more snow again! Wow....that is a lot of snow days in a row. I hope you don't need to venture out. it must be very tricky walking and driving.

We had a difficult drive into Selkirk yesterday. Everyone was travelling about 40km in a 100 km zone. Very icy all the way. Lots of ruts too...bouncing us around.

Today we are staying home. I am teaching soon.

I bought a 16 lb turkey grade a for .99cents a lb. This morning I partially thawed it and then cut it apart..making 5 meals for us. That is about $5 a meal. The carcass is in the soup pot! The dogs had the scraps.

I packaged all the parts separately and froze them, marking each bag as to what they were. I kept out one of the breasts and will make the delicious recipe in the crock pot tomorrow. Just wish I had the fresh rosemary from my herb garden. Will use dried rosemary.

A good idea for people like us, when there are just the two of us ( I can hear that song in my head..."just the two of us"...can you hear it too, Beth?)....hhaha. Even a small turkey is a lot for "just the two of us "....there is it again!

How nice to hear that Haiti was over for a visit again. She must enjoy her walks with you very much. Good for Kim for dropping her off.

Sorry to hear that the transfusion isn't done yet. Things just seem to take a long time don't they? Do they know what is causing your anemia?

I have to see a plastic surgeon about the lesion on my shnoz.....he will do a biopsy first and they surgery if necessary. I am glad I am an old lady now and don't really care if I have this ugly spot on my nose...the prescription cream helps a lot, but it is strong.

I hope the winter weather is over soon for the folks in "Lotus Land". You really aren't prepared for prolonged snow days.

Have a lovely day,

Love, Nancy



beth bennett said...

Nancy I am happy you had a safe trip.

Too bad you have a nasty lesion but at least it can be
taken care of. No fun that is for sure.

Snow is beautiful to look at but dangerous with the ice to walk on.

Take care.

Love beth