Thursday, December 22, 2016

THE LIST

Little flowers hidden under the snow. 

I start the day with two lists.  One for keeping appointments and the other for getting food and prescriptions.  I kept the appointment at the doctors and he was very kind and took time to explain things to me.
The White Spot looked very cherry and warm.  We both had big plates that are far to much for us.  I had some fruit with my eggs to take home and dad had a big omelet far too much for him.  Dad had a bad stomach upset which changed our plans for the day.  I felt bad disappointing the family in Chilliwack, especially Morgan.

I took my list to the store and managed to get some of the things.  Rick arrives to-morrow so we will need some more food.  I will make a list first thing to-morrow.  Dad laid down for a 3 hour nap and I had a visit  from Cathy.  She brought me some brownies which are a favorite of mine.

She told me she had had a dream where I said something to her and it was like a lovely warm hug.  Our card She was very touched.

Glen was going to come and watch the game but dad went back to bed after chatting to Panteli.  The stories flew back and forth between them.

I am off to bed.



1 comment:

nancy-Lou said...

Sorry to hear that Larry wasn't feeling well and you weren't able to go to Chilliwack. Sometimes these unforeseen things happen don't they and we have to change our plans. I hope Larry is feeling better today.

Lists are something I have kept for many years...I have one on the fridge at all times and would be lost without it when I go shopping.

Did the doctor think you are doing better now that you had the infusion? Do you have more energy or will it take some time?

We went to Pine Falls, the nearest town to do some errands and I had to get a prescription from our pharmacist, Haitham, our Muslim friend. He is such a lovely man...very kind. He and his wife are from Jordan.
I am making a book for his daughter...she wrote a story, in English, on notepad paper and I am putting it together for her in the form of an art book.
the notepad paper was joined together in a book form..but I couldn't make head nor tail out of the story...I read and re-read it. The little girl is only 7, but she did a great job of printing and doing drawings.
Finally today, I realized the story started at the back and ended at the front and you turned the pages from left to right rather than our right to left! That is how Arabic is written. I remember Carl's uncle, who was from Syria, writing up the bill books at his store in Arabic in the same way.
Haitham told me she made me a Christmas card but he forgot it at home. I will stop in one day next week to pick it up. How sweet of her!
I bet she is going to a Muslim school but is learning English too.

We are waiting for the storm to arrive on Christmas Day and it will last into Boxing Day. They say it will be one of the worst blizzards in a long time...many years, It is a very large storm. I hope my birds will be OK. Will give them extra seeds and fat tomorrow.

One of the large bluejays got trapped in the sunroom. He came in through the pet door. I had a devil of a time catching him and when I finally had him trapped took a look at how large he was and how big that black bill was and thought oh oh, all I have are my hands ( no time for gloves )...well I just have to do it! I grasped him and whisked him out the open door and all was well...no harm done!

Are you all ready for Christmas? We don't exchange gifts. We donate to the Salvation Army instead and it is a lot easier and helps those who need it. I wish I lived closer and would volunteer too.

Have a nice evening,
Love, Nancy