Thursday, December 15, 2016

Party Time

Wed. was a busy day for me and dad.

I woke up early and got dressed and next thing I know I am waking up from a 2 hour nap. 

Driving home from Chilliwack the day before had been very stressful and tiring.  Traffic just crawled along because of several cars in the ditch.  Dad's foot was extra painful having to keep the brake on and off.

I would have been in time for the party at the restaurant but went to the wrong place.  The people there where being very helpful phoning around and because this took time dad left sure I was in the right place.  Thank goodness for cell phones to let him know I needed to be picked up and taken over to Scott road.  The girls from my study group had finally ordered as several girls did not turn up.  It was a fun time worth the effort!

Shawn and Tavia had asked us over for supper.
Actually they were even willing to bring it to us.
Taking a baby out is a lot of work.
Dad and littlie Ollie hit it off.
They live in a snug little basement apartment.
Ollie was very active but was getting a little over-tired.  We enjoyed a wonderful casserole and had a good visit too.

Today Haiti came for another visit.  I managed to take her to the park.  Her friend Rocky was there so I let them have a little play but when it was time to go Haiti did not want to come.  With the owners help I managed to put her back on the leash _

To-morrow dad is going to the doctor and I hope to visit Joyce.  It is cold and icy but beautiful.
In all of the universe, in all of eternity, there is no greater miracle, no greater love story than the birth of baby Jesus.


2 comments:

Sandra said...

I can not believe it is less than 10 days till Christmas. Randy bought the turkey yesterday in North Vancouver after a double shift.

I will do the last bit of shopping tomorrow I guess then head to the Greyhound station to drop everything off.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

I cannot believe it either.

What a great grandma!

Hope your shopping goes well.

Love mom