Monday, December 5, 2016

WINTER

It was snowing when I woke up. and it continued all day.  Lovely to look at but not so lovely to drive in.  We had a quick drive to White Rock early in the morning but stayed in the rest of the day.
I really wanted to go for a walk just over to mail some letters but dad said no way.  Our driveway is on a slope and can be slippery and I sure do not want to fall.  Just looking out the window at the wonderland of white was good.

I am finding my writing is not so good so writing cards is a chore, a nice chore but a bit annoying when my letters seem to bump into one another.  It was a very ordinary day and minutes turned into hours with amazing speed.

The man next door who shared the building of the fence came over to shovel a path up our driveway and along our sidewalk.  This allowed me to take a few pictures of the houses across from me with their lights creating a fairyland.
Dad is making our little kitchen table,  that he built,  a bit stronger and more leg room.

I am reminded that even though life changes one thing we own his our own experiences and also true friends that may move away but still have a place in your heart.  Also the love of your family.  I know I can be annoying at times but I blame old age.

"Be the kind pf woman who embraces life and seeks for truth. 
What matters is how you choose to love and be loved"
-Oprah Winfrey



5 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Good snowy morning Beth! You sure did get a whack of snow. I hope Larry didn't have to shovel it. It seems to be snowing everywhere these days. The photos are really nice..the one with the snow on the trees and the little angel and the one of the house across the street....with all the lights. It is a good day to stay at home.

The storm arrived early this morning and we woke up to about 10 cms so far, but we are expecting 30 cms. A lot of things are closed, due to the blizzard. The schools and some of the highways are closed. So it is a good day to stay home too. Going to make the Quebec Pea Soup and a lemon pound cake.

Did Theresa and Morgan make all the crafts that were displayed on their craft table at craft sale on Saltspring? It looked lovely...lots of interesting for folks to buy.
It looked like Donna had some things for sale too. Would have been an interesting sale to go to. Wish I lived nearby!

I am glad you decided not to go out to the store when the sidewalks and driveways are so slippery. We will have to shovel out later on. Probably call our neighbour who cuts our lawn too. He is on disability and likes to earn a little extra money. It will be too much for me to shovel this time around.

Have a nice day at home...

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

Very slippery this morning on my walk with Peanut, but no falls. I was still at home when Randy got home from his graveyard shift, he fell 3 times last night on the deck of the ship, he had some big cuts and bumps on his legs... but no more broken ribs, so that is good.

I too was inspired by Nancy Lou and went out and got some bird seed. Smaller stuff as the last bird seed I had just a tracked a lot of rats.

I think you have a lot of the ice melt, did you or the man put that down on your driveway?

Sandra

Unknown said...

lt looks as if you had considerably more snow than we did .However here there was enough to cause concern in getting about. Geof was due to go to Ceder View Lodge for a few days in their respite wing and l was very reluctant to drive up there.My cousin Elizabeth came to the rescue and did the driving .It was emotional for me to leave Geof who was not happy about the situation however l slept very well last night and feel good this morning l did not realize how close to exhaustion l had become and l hope that Geof will have settled in .l have heard very good things about the facility.l hope to catch up with writing letters and cards today . much love Jane.

nancy-Lou said...

AHHH Jane, how difficult it must be for you. It sounds to me that your husband has Alzheimers. That is such a challenge for you both. I know it must be very hard to see him go to the respite lodge...but it is so important for you to look after yourself too. You would be exhausted and need the rest. I will add you both to my prayer list...may God give you comfort and solace.

Sandra, I think there are bird feeders with seed catchers available. I am sure we have the mouse problem because we feed the birds...mind you there are a lot of people who have mice this year, both in their vehicles and their homes. One lady had a squirrel make a nest in her car and it tore up the seats.

Love to all,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

Sorry to hear about Randy.

Falling is no fun and can be painful even if you do not break your ribs.

Jane You do need to look after yourself.

I think you are in a good place near your cousin and activities.

Love and healing thoughts to all.

Love Beth