Wednesday, December 21, 2016

UNBELIEVABLE

The thing is I have only wrapped two presents.  So when dad said the white bag had Christmas presents I did not believe him.  It was impossible.  I did not wrap these presents and I have no knowledge of them at all.  It was several months ago I started putting things in the big bags.  So I insist there could not have been Christmas presents in that bag but he insists there were.

So that is the problem we have not brought presents and I have not wrapped them.  But dad insists there were wrapped presents in the bag.

Yes, we all can do unbelievable things  especially at this time of year. 

Our neighbor right next to us brought over a lovely gift package with special tea and chocolates and beautiful cards to write in.  The perfect gift for us.  Dad enjoyed the tea and I am always looking for special cards. 

Dad and I went out to do shopping but the parking was impossible.  What are all these handy-capped people doing out and about and taking the special parking not one was available.

I went to the dollar store to buy more Christmas bulbs for the tree in the park and then met dad at London Drugs.  He bought what he came for and then we both were tired out.  I had gone for a longer walk and came home aching all over.

I see Dr. Nolte to-morrow at 8:30 which is very early especially for dad.  I need some pills refilled and a form to get my blood checked when I am finished my iron infusion.  We want to drive out to Theresa and Mikie s.  Dad will be happy to have breakfast out and a nap before we go.

We got very warm messages from Ken s older family on our I phone.  It would be great to connect with them over the holidays.

Actually the story about the baby Jesus born in a stable seems very unbelievable and yet it always touches my heart.  A young girl far from home delivering a special baby.  Holding a tiny baby in your arms feels like you are holding a miracle.

A bright star, singing angels and shepherds fill the emptiness with radiance and beauty.

Faith comes alive as we enter into this story with renewed hope and amazement.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Is it today, I thought it was yesterday you were seeing Dr Nolte. I will not be going out to Theresa's today. I have not caught up enough to leave early, and Randy is working so I would be driving by myself.

We will go to Carol & Panteli's on Friday though.

I left Peanut at home today but she woke Randy up when he heard her fall down the stairs shortly after we left. I think all this slip sliding on the ice is making her knees bad.

Last day at work today and then just a bit of work at home tomorrow.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

I just put a long rambling comment but it wouldnt take using my id.

We were unloading stuff at big brothers.

The girl and I both mentioned the white bag with presents.

I opened your door and showed you them.

You said -"they go"

nancy-Lou said...

Well that is quite the story about the presents....did you get them back from Big Brothers? I hope so! Too bad, Larry lost his rambling comments...I always enjoy reading what he posts too!

Now that was really neighbourly of your neighbour to give you some gifts...very thoughtful of them
Christmas seems to bring out the best in people doesn't it?
Mark ( our son ) and I went to Selkirk today and did some shopping, for Christmas and also stocking up for the big storm that is coming on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. I think it will bring all traffic to it's knees...and hope there aren't any fatal accidents. They are predicting 30cms of snow and blowing winds creating blizzard conditions. Luckily, our family are staying home.

Awe, Poor Sandra and Randy and poor Peanut. It is so hard having an elderly dog that has issues. I have done that a few times now and it is so heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers are with all three...hopefully for better times for Peanut. Who will look after her when they are visiting family down east?

The Jets are playing Vancouver tonight on the telly, but it starts so darned late..9pm. It is hard to stay awake for the whole game!

Have a lovely evening Beth and a good sleep,

Love, Nancy

craig decraene said...

Hello grandma, I got your message and your guys card. Thank you very much for the gift. Will see you guys in a few days at Sandys house.