Saturday, December 31, 2016

A NEW FRIEND

I walked down to Boundary Park which is now a long walk for me.  I met a new friend who came and walked with me.  She was so kind and made sure I crossed the street okay.  Dad came and picked me up and I was happy to have a ride home.

We just got in the door when Pat and John dropped by to see how dad was.  They strongly suggest a trip to the doctor.  Now with dad's stomach acting up we are never sure what we can do.  He is getting very fed up with it and it is draining him.  No good at all.

I enjoyed being by the little pond and watching the ducks.
You are not allowed to feed them but I sure was tempted to do just that.
A beautiful sunset.  Dad sent Ken a picture of it too.

Today I will have my second iron infusion.  It will just be 2 hours not 4.  Dad will visit his friend while he is waiting unless he has to rush home.  John has volunteered to drive if necessary.  I know I could ask Carol or Panteli or Kim but I am sure dad will be okay.  I think.

"When I focus my life on another person and depend on them for my happiness I am not free to be me.  To be free I truly want to let the spirit within me to be free and rejoice in it's uniqueness.

May our spirits be free and soar high!"    -Laura Waldron




3 comments:

Client Strengths said...

That's a lovely quote Mom. I'm going to use it. I just called but no answer. Maybe already at the doctors... Hope we can have lunch today.

nancy-Lou said...

How nice of that lady to walk with you Beth....there are some really good people in this world aren't there? I do miss my walks in Rathtrevor Park and especially watching and listening to the ducks in the pond. I do hope that one day we may be able to go back for one last visit.
I wanted to move to Parksville and tried to get Carl to go many times...but he wouldn't move.

How did you iron infusion go today? Have you noticed any improvement yet? Carl is all done his infusions for another year. They definitely have helped him. The swelling in his hands and arms has gone done...not all, but a lot. His fingers are all deformed though and dropped and it makes it hard to do things.

So sorry to hear about Larry having those stomach troubles. It sounds like he could use some of the almost instant Imodium. The little lozenges that melt right away. I always have to keep some handy. I do hope he sees the doctor about it and has some tests.

I too, love your quote today...it would be a good one for my art class. I will save it too.

Are you doing anything special for New Year's Day? We are having a roast and our sons will come for supper. Tonight ( New Year's Eve) we are watching hockey and will be in bed long before midnight.

Happy New Year's to the Bennett Clan! May 2017 be a year filled with joy and happiness and good health.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes we were early to be,
We enjoyed lunch with Carol and Penteli after my infusion.
Appreciate all the help we can get in trying to be healthy.
So much to b thankful for.
Love beth