Saturday, December 17, 2016

TRUSTING

Friday was another sunny day.  Wonderful to see the children skating on frozen ponds.  I can remember as a child being one of the last ones to leave the ice rink at our school.  My boots would be sitting on the steps of the school and would be freezing to put on.  The walk home seem to be twice as long as usual.  Being able to be outside was so much fun growing up on the prairies.

Dad went to have a visit with his doctor who he really trusts because he cares and he listens and has a sense of humor which is a bonus.

I stopped by on the way home at the Seniors home and had a visit with Joyce.  Her son and daughter had been in so she was feeling very happy.  I will try to remember to take a camera next time.  It was good to see a lot of people having visitors.  Beautiful Christmas trees decorate the dining room and the sitting area.  Joyce also has a small tree and some decorations.  She likes the snow and the blue, blue sky.

Today I go to White Rock Hospital to have an iron transfusion.  I am trusting my doctor but I feel a little nervous but if it gives me more energy I will be thrilled.  Maybe I will even start to have Good Hair Days!

I am thankful to know God never stops loving us.  No matter what condition we show up at the manger there is room for us and even a raggedy heart will experience His healing love!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I guess today will be a good day to have a long nap, dad says you will be there for 4 hours.

Randy will be taking a lot of days off now as he is over hours. It will be a big help to have him at home to help with getting ready for Christmas dinner.

I am going to go brave the crowds and get a bit of shopping done.

I will try and drop by tomorrow to get some newspapers.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

How did the iron transfusion go Beth? I hope smoothly and soon you will be"full of beans" as they say! hahha. Is it very far to the hospital at White Rock?

My goodness that is a very blue sky. It would rival the blue skies we have here in Manitoba.

We are just watching the weather and the temp is -28C and with the wind chill it is -41.

I felt sorry for my piano and art student and her Mom who drove her to class. and picked her up. Just one student today and I taught her how to draw and paint from a photo of her Grandparents new home. It is a surprise for her Grandpa for Christmas. She did a super job...what a lovely student she is. So smart and follow everything I teach and demonstrate for her. She is in grade 7 piano. But not doing exams this year.

I too, remember skating at our local community club rink and staying too long and freezing my toes. When we were young the caretaker used to give us a hand putting on our skates...sometimes we used to put them on at home and walk 7 blocks to the rink..oh to be young again and have all that fun!
I enjoy hearing your stories from when you were young Beth. Please tell us more.

I am working on a new project. the documenting of the local history of our area through the stories of the settlers here and paintings done from the stories. It will be mentoring some students through the Manitoba Arts Council and plan on teaching them to document the stories and do the paintings. We will have a show of the paintings and the stories will accompany them. Also planning on a book. This is in the early stages, but hope to have it in place for this fall. It will be a nine month project...lost of work!

Our area is steeped in history...there are many local stories which will be lost once my generation are gone and they need to be recorded for posterity!
It will defininitly keep me busy.

Have a lovely Saturday evening,

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Dad did a great job getting me to the hospital in time.
It takes about 25 minutes and we can go on a freeway.
Very thoughtful of Sandra to visit and bring cookies.
I should have taken something to eat.
Felt very tired when I got home and so did dad.
Bed asleep by 8.
Love beth

nancy-Lou said...

Good for Larry, getting you to the hospital in time and on the freeway too! Is it #99? I remember going on that one.
So that is what happens when one has a low blood count. An iron infusion....like Carl had the other day...an IV of a drug called Retuxin. His took 6 hours....one of the longest. They ahve to give him steroids and benydryl first to avert and allergic reactions to the drug and that takes an hour at least. Well I am glad you had it Beth and think it will re-charge your batteries. As you say, it will take time though! Glad it all went well.

Love, Nancy