Friday, December 23, 2016

SKATING

The ice arena looked magical with the lights all around and music slowly playing.  Everyone so happy and excited.  Dad and I went expecting to see the family but no one showed up.  Rick had really looked forward to it but he is stuck in Kamloops because of the blizzard conditions on the highway.

Dad is in the penalty box where he often ended up when he was playing hockey.  He played with the old timers until he was seventy.  Health problems end his skating career.

Afterwards we dove to Carol and Panteli's where Oliver and Kim where helping set up things for our arrival.


The house looks very festive.
It is good to have Oliver here for a visit.
Sandra will be busy getting ready for Christmas day. 

Just by being together we brighten each other's lives and laugh at our mistakes and listening to stories of good times and not so good.  It is a joy always!



5 comments:

Sandra said...

I was sort of looking forward to going to the skating rink, but once I heard Carol and Rick were not going to be there I had a nap instead.

It is such a difference between Tsawwassen and our house, it was snowing like crazy when we got home, another 4 inches or so since we had left.

Today is clean up, set up and pack my bags.

nancy-Lou said...

Haha.....Look at Larry, trying to look innocent...sitting in the penalty box! He is a prairie boy at heart, playing hockey until age 70! Nice photos, Beth.

I hope the storm lessens and Rick is able to make it thru the Coquihalla for Christmas. That is one nasty highway when it is storming. I remember some pretty scary moments navigating it during storms.

The photos from Carol's are really nice. it looks like everyone is starting to gather together for the big day. I guess Sandra is flying out to see Mary and family for a few days? Have a wonderful time, Sandra. You are so blessed with all your grandchildren..but I am sure I don't need to tell you that!

Carl isn't feeling well today and is back in bed. He has a lot of good days and it seems more bad days lately.
I am fine. The lesion on my nose has been open and won't heal for a couple of weeks and it got infected. I found out the cortisone cream the dermatologist gave me made it worse so resorted to a spray on Saline Wounds Wash and it is healing...still open, but the infection seems to be gone. I will be glad when I see the plastic surgeon and I don't have an appointment yet. playing the "waiting game"!

I was going to make a beef roast tomorrow and now thinking maybe I should make the turkey. Better make up my mind soon because it has to be defrosted. Somehow it wouldn't seem like a Christmas supper unless we had turkey!

Well the big day is fast approaching and so is the big blizzard....but we are ready!

Have a great day,
Love, Nancy

Steady-as-rain said...

I will be leaving Kamloops around 11 am. Hope to get to your place around 3:30 or 4 pm, depending on road conditions.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Rick has arrived safely going the old way around.

Looking forward to seeing every one,

Merry Christmas Everyone.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

That is good to know...I was wondering if he made it! We have taken #1 a few times too.

Merry Christmas to the Bennett Family...I am sure today will be filled with lots of family fun and good food!

Love, Nancy