Wednesday, June 28, 2017

EXPECTATIONS

Missed Haiti on my walk to the part today.
Good weather for a walk and my expectations are high for good weather when the family gathers next month.

Dad is still working on the back yard.  He know what he expects the results to be so he wants to see if it turns out as he expected it to.  Right now he has a wheel barrow full of rocks and dirt too heavy to move.

It is good when our expectations are met but when this does not happen there can be reasons we do not always understand and so we have to except things as they are.

"Let gratitude be the pillow on which you lay your head
. . .and let faith be the bridge  you build to over come evil
and welcome good."   -Maya Angelou 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Expectations is kind of a dirty word to me now. I suppose it can be a good thing, when it is an excitement about the future. I find more often than not it is a course that you want to be followed and can lead to unhappiness when it is not.

No matter what the visit with the grandkids hold, good weather or bad, grumpy sick kids or kids awake at 4 am and still bouncing off the walls at 11pm I will have good memories to look back on.

I will try and get some suggestions of activities we can do, but will leave it pretty loosey goosey so we can decide in the moment.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Thanks for taking time to comment.

A busy time for you getting organized.

I have run out of ideas but maybe
to-morrow I will be inspired.

Love mom