Friday, June 23, 2017

WAITING

My poor little flowers are waiting to be watered. They have to wait for the evening as I went visiting at the Senors Home today.  Dad also went with me and chatted with several of the guys.  They sit out in the parking lot under a tent where you can smoke.  The one fellow had a pipe and loved to read Michener.

I had a feeling one of the residents was waiting for me as it is the last day of the week.  She had not had a good day or a good week.  Sad when no family are there to help you.  She cheered up when I took in some roses, red and white.  I was so pleased I had made the effort to go. We ended up talking about squirrels and having a few laughs.



Waiting for Sandra to drop by after her eye appointment at the clinic near our house.  She was asking questions about our family tree which is now very bare.  Dad has one cousin over on the island and I have my brother Brain and his wife Traudl.  It is time I phoned them again.

Scripture says we are to wait on the Lord so waiting teaches us patience.

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

You are such a faithful servant to those in the seniors home. Beth. Taking them flowers and visiting and enjoying telling stories to each other. I have a couple of squirrel stories to tell too! they sure get into a lot of mischief. I am sure God shines his blessings down on you for your faithfulness.

We saw a doe and a tiny little fawn today....one wonders how the fawn can keep up to the doe. She looked spooked and i hope predators weren't after them. it could be all the flies that are out these days.

I had to go into Selkirk to do some errands and buy some groceries. They have a Walmart store there, but it is quite small in comparison to the large on in winnipeg and there were a lot of things i wanted to buy and they didn't have...like tomato sauce...which one would think is a common item.
I like Selkirk, it is a historic town which dates back to the time of the large immigration from Scotland in the late 1700's. It is about 10,000 in population and it would be nice to live there when we move to a suite. But it still is about a 20 minute drive to the outskirts of Winnipeg...
I am wrestling with moving to a suite or having our house fixed up and staying here for another 5 years. I guess it depends on our health...and the doctor appointments.
I am finding it harder to do all the work around here now that I will soon be 73. The house is large too and takes a lot of care.
Carl doesn't want to move at all! But then again he doesn't have to anything but watch tv, because of his RA.

You have a small family tree too? Mine is really small because we are mostly only children. Is Larry an only child too? I know you have a brother Beth. do they have family?
Did your parents immigrate from England or Scotland? How about Larry's?

My Father was born in Belfast Ireland and my Mother's family are British...her Mom was born in England.

Carl's Father of course was Lebanese, but born in Canada of Lebanese parents. His Mother was Swedish and Scotish...now that was a strange combination but she was the salt of the earth. a wonderful lady. So our adult kids are Heinz 57 varieties!

Isn't that nice that Sandra lives near by and can drop in to visit while running errands.

Well I am going to make supper now..sausages and pancakes.

have a good evening,
Love Nancy

nancy-Lou said...

I am making cabbage rolls tomorrow and saw 5 cabbage rolls ( and they weren't even large ) for sale in Safeway for $19.95. Good grief Charlie Brown I am going to have to go into the cabbage roll business! Sell them at our Farmer's Market. I must make about 50 and they are large. Two dutch oven's full. some are vegetarian.

Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes Nancy it is harder as we slow down. Big decisions ahead.
I am thankful Larry helps.
I will answer your questions in a blog on Monday.

Enjoy your cabbage rolls!


Love Beth