Monday, June 5, 2017

REDICULOUS

Yes it was a ridiculous day.

Not everybody can get lost in a dollar store but dad did, at least I could not find him.  We should shop in bigger stores where they have a lost and found or can announce for some one to come to the front desk.

Dad was climbing the big ladder and I was very angry at him.  His balance is very bad and he can not feel his feet so I predict problems.  Even trying to clean out our back pond I nearly fell in.  Balance is so important.

This is a beautiful yellow rose just coming out in bloom but it's thorns are deadly and I got caught by them trying to find the end of our hose.  I really need to take my cane with me to steady myself and to fight off the strong crib of these prickles.

My  mystery story ended with no murderer being discovered.  I guess that means there will be a second book.  I was left wondering is I had missed a chapter some where.

Dad went to the dentist to have a special x-ray done by a girl who travels around with her machine and she was told to x-ray the wrong side so she did it all.  Any fool could see where the right side was.

Finally got hold of Jane but to-morrow is not a good day for us to visit so lots to do here so another day would be better for us too.

At the end of the day the bed was unmade and there was a pile of dirty dishes in the sink and it is a mystery where they all came from.

It seems ridiculous that a person who believes in social reform also continues to believed in  the rights of a strong monarchy and the rights of the aristocracy.  This was the case of Fredrick Denison Maurice.  He did believe that true history, true religion, true science each has some truth to teach us and could add value to our lives.

Many minds coming together help reveal what has been ridiculous and what still needs changing.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Some of the dollar stores can be very big, so I can see getting lost in them.

We got a letter in the mail yesterday from Hyundai letting us know that there is potentially problems with our type of cars engine and they will be contacting owners soon. Well, no matter what we will be at the top of the fix list as we are already broken down.

Took in two of the kittens today and then went to see their mom...only thing is the cat I thought was their mom so when I went to pick her up she growled at me. Well, she looked a lot like Daffodil!

I think it would be best if Panteli or Hamlet helped with the chores requiring a ladder.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

I know a dog called Riddic...and he is called that because he is ridiculous! My friend Sally who is the director of Hulls Haven Border Collie Rescue is his owner. He was one of many whom Sally has rescued over the years and one she kept. She is so good at coming up with interesting names for dogs...not the average name, that is for sure!

Well at least you can get your husband to go into the dollar store. Mine just sits in the car waiting. Yes, It is hard for him to get around...so i guess that is why. He uses a cane too. Did I tell you about the time he had his cane and was sitting with me in the surgery cubicle when I had the basal cell cancer taken off my nose and the skin graft. The doctor left for a few minutes and Carl kept lifting up the curtain with his cane to see what was going on.....silly guy. I kept on saying..stop looking! carl didn't stay for the surgery. We were waiting for the lab to come back with the all clear of cancer report so the plastic surgeon could do the skin graft.

Gosh that sure must have been awful for Sandra and Randy to get stranded in their car. There are so many recalls these days.

oh oh....getting growled at isn't much fun Sandra! I hope momma cat find a home! it is easy for the kittens when they are so darned cute. someone nearby me had some Manx kittens for sale, but I cannot get any more pets...but sure was tempted!

Well i am off to make supper. pork chops today. Too hot to BBQ....and it is very windy.

oh I forgot to tell you that we had a bear here last evening and he took the top off the fountain. Didn't break it, thankfully! Very considerate of him!

Have a great evening,
Love, nancy

Have a lovely evening Beth.

beth bennett said...

Yes animals and husband can be ridiculous!

Hope you are healing well Nancy.

Love beth