Sunday, June 11, 2017

HARD WORKERS


It is difficult to get these two hard workers to pose together.  Another busy day for them.  /As soon as I got back from church we rushed over to see Morgan and Ben who had been dropped off by their mom.  A big day to-morrow for Mikie as it is the opening of his new factory where they are retreading tires.  Theresa was there to help clean up the front offices and get everything ready for the big day.  I could not find my camera which had been knocked back under the seat.

Both Theresa and Mikie are both very excited and have been working hard for this day.
A lot of learning has gone into this process and is a huge challenge.  Wishing them all the best.

Morgan joins Sandra and I as we walk the dogs.  Haiti is always happy to go visit Sandra and Randy.

Ben is happy to stay and watch soccer with grandpa.
This after a swim in the pool.
Peanut is looking much better and more active and even obedient too!

Dad had stayed home from church partly because of his eye looking yucky and partly because I have been working him too hard.
My bones have become so brittle I am not allowed to carry anything heavy so that means dad will be doing the fertilizing because the can is too heavy for me.  He also will be carrying the bags of dirt etc.  It is hard for me to have to wait for him to do things as I would sooner do it myself.  I am taking a shot to build up my bones so I will soon be back in shape ready to get back lifting rocks and pots and all kinds of things.

I stayed at church for a meeting and light lunch which for me meant fruit.  

The message was from a group of seven people who over the years have been very hard workers in our church.  The truth is they are tired out and they are preparing us for the facts the church will be shutting down in a couple of years.  We are all getting too old to carry on.

"Loving God be our voice, be our prayer.
Reaching out joining hands, as we share
we seek your guidance through friendship and care. 

Spirit God be our breath.
Blow in and through us bring strength
and calm to move on."

Tired but happy we arrive home to watch the final game which ended  a hard fought battle.  The goalie was pulled in the last minute and the game ended in a 2 to 0 win.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I had planned on stopping off at your house after picking up the plants from my co-worker as he lives in Delta so it worked out well with Ben and Morgan being dropped off.

Did you find the new tire place with out any troubles?

I guess Ben will be working there soon as a summer job, he certainly is big enough.

We tried two restaurants before finally settling on a third as they were just too noisy. Even the one we settled on was noisy but it was getting late and very busy with the hungry beach goers and people watching various games on the tv so we just stayed put.

Sandra

beth bennett said...


those places are far to noisy.
Hope your meals were good.

We made one wrong turn but Morgan was able to\help us find the place.
Huge! !

I think Ben just wants to relax for awhile from his busy schedule.

Well I had better go outside and see what I can find for dad to lift.
He will be staying strong.

He is putting down his squares.

Love
mom

nancy-Lou said...

Haha....I hear you are keeping Larry quite busy while you are looking for things for him to lift! Atta girl! Love your humour

Don't Sandra and Randy make the cutest couple? That is a really nice picture of them.

That is exciting for Mike and Theresa too, having a new large factory for re treading tires. It is good to re-cycle.

I think the regular volunteers at our church will be burning out too. The amount of folks who go to church has dropped drastically these last few years. I think the church itself will be there for many more years but only as a summertime church. At one time it was part of the Anglican Dioceses, but it became a Community church and the Anglicans rent it.
It is well attended during the summer months, with thousands of cottagers in the area.

The skin graft on my nose is almost healed, but I look like a porcupine with stitches sticking out all over and some pieces of dried skin sticking up as well. I see the plastic surgeon tomorrow so we will see what he has to say. They will take out any remaining stitches too...which will relieve the itching. The are is about the size of a fifty cent piece...quite large. I am so relieve it didn't become infected. didn't want to have to go through that again.

Isn't June the most wonderful time of year? Everything is growing so rapidly. My cucumbers have shot up like bad weeds and the tomatoes too. I planted 4 zucchini seeds and they were duds...nothing came up. So I planted another package and planted alot thinking not many would grow and oh oh...there must be 12 plants now! I will plant some in another barrel and sell whatever I have as extras. Once they start producing I sell them as well as tomatoes in a box at the end of the drive way. help yourself and leave the money in the box. always works for me!

There isn't a Blue Jay game tonight so I will watch something on Netflix.

Now to go and check for wood ticks...there always are a few crawling on me after coming in from the garden. What a bad year for them.

The dogs are checked twice a days as well. I missed on on Bella's nose and it grew to be engorged and large and grey...yucky. Her nose has so much tight curly fur on it. She looks a lot like a poodle. She is apricot in colour. Very pretty...with grey on her ears and nose...which is her brothers colour. He is so pretty too, a blue grey and he has apricot on his eyes and moustache...but he looks like a Schnauser...silky fur that is only slightly curly and he has a skirt! The are designer dogs called Schnoodles. Lovely sweet temperament and only weigh about 22 lbs.

OK time to do the tick check,

Have a great evening,
lOVE, NANCY

beth bennett said...

Hope all goes well with the surgeon.

Nature is wonderful but things like ticks are not so good.

Your doggies sound lovely and very special.

Kim is picking up Haiti tonight after soccer.

We have enjoyed having her.

love Beth