Thursday, February 22, 2018

IDEALLY

Ken and I had a short walk in the snow being careful of each step.  Not ideal conditions for walking

Drove into Tssawassen  to look at another home.  The sunshine is up lifting.  More snow to-morrow morning.  The road was good accept going across lanes where there were ruts..

Ken signs us in,

A very cheerful place.  Lots of windows and balconies for every room.  Lot of old folks having lunch.
The usual library, movie room, exercises room and little coffee corners and lots of entertainment going on.

Right now we are just looking and putting in our names.  Very expensive.  We love our home and neighborhood but if our health goes down the decision may have to be faced.

Ken and I had a long nap when we got home.  He is needing his breathing machine.  I have asthma now and am coughing a lot. Very tiring.

Ideally we would live in a peaceful country and be  protected from thieves and violence. 
The young people are marching in the States and never again is a good slogan.

Our world is becoming more global which makes us more aware of all the hardship others are facing.

My church is full of good hearted people who have fought for good causes in the past.

We do not know our future of our country or our churches.
Ideally they have been a help to many poor and lost souls.



4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

oh boy...I guess Ken wouldn't be used to snow and wouldn't have good boots etc. It is a good thing the snow goes away quickly out there!You have had quite a bit of snow the last few days!

it is a good thing to be prepared for what the future brings us! I am torn too, Beth.

Love my home so much and don't want to give it up...but these doctor trips to the city and driving 250kms or sometimes 300kms just to go and come back is really tiring for me now and it is expensive.

I am going to have a talk with our doctor and see what he thinks about things...it will give me a good idea if Carl will need more frequent tests and hospitalizations...which I think it will be. if that is the case, I do think we will have to move to the city.

I am so glad that Ken has come all the way from Australia to visit and help you with making decisions too. Does he talk like an Aussie? How many years has he lived there?

Our Son, Bob who is staying with us has two cats. One is a Bengal cat and she is quite different...very much like a small leopard, with spots. She is orange with black and she is going to be 17 soon. She has a very loud meow and she can be persistent with it...yowl and yowl, especially now that she knows there is food in the fridge and I give her hand-outs.
The other cat is very sweet and very shy, so we are just getting to know her. I can hardly wait for her to sleep on my lap on come to bed and purr!

Well I am going to get back to watching the Olympics...wow Canada won a gold and silver in some kind of skiing that was very exciting. over hills, lots of jumps and turns.

I am watching figure skating so must get back as the good ones are coming up!

Have a lovely evening with your Son,

Love to all,
nancy

Sandra said...

The more places you see the better as hopefully it makes you more comfortable in your final decision.

I am glad to be working from home today with the talk of another dump of snow this afternoon.

I will give you a call later to see about getting together today.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Snowing too hard for a visit, for either of us.

There were sirens on Scott Road just now.

It is beautiful but no fun to drive in.

Love mom

beth bennett said...

Ken does not have an Australia accent when he is here.