Saturday, February 10, 2018

TALL TALES

Kim came over Friday night and her and I got so occupied listening to dad's tall tales I was too tired to do a blog.  I had been busy tidying up and getting ready for Tavia and Shawn to come over early Sat. morning.
Big brother Oliver telling his baby brother tall tales.  He is doing well at talking and even likes to sing. 
Tavis is a busy mom with a three week old baby.  Daddy Shawna has been home to help but goes back on Monday. 
Shawn plays hockey so maybe Ken and dad can go and watch.
store.
After a bit of a rest dad and I went shopping to Tsawwasson to the Center Stage where we had gift certificates from Carol and Panteli.  Lots of interesting things for us to look at and we were happy with our purchases.
This was a busy day for us and I hope we continue to do more each day.

Ken phoned in his way to work and he will arrive on Thursday at 7 p.m.
We are looking forward to his visit. We will see how he sleeps on the bed before we make any changes.  There is also the smaller bed in my computer room.

The Bible is full of tall tales, which seem unbelievable but I do not think you have to believe only look for the meaning in the story.

The message that Jesus gave was all about loving one another not about having to believe all church doctrine etc.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

My goodness, just look at all the hair that baby has! Beautiful children. They are pretty close in age, so will be good buddies. Our boys were two years apart and they still are good buddies and they are in their fifties.

what did you and Larry buy at the gift store? Yes I am curious! Getting out of the house really helps with the winter blues...good for you! I have been missing our daily walk lately with the cold weather. Max freezes up and can't walk and Bella starts wheezing. They have a fenced yard to go out in. But they sure have making their business down to a science...like about 1 minute and they make a bee line for the door.

I have made friends with the brother of the Iraqi family who are waiting in Turkey to come to Canada. Sami is the brother who immigrated to Canada two years ago. He went to a mutual friends house yesterday and cooked an amazing meal of Arabic food for them. Chicken and lamb and salads...These friends are part of the church who sponsored Sami and who are sponsoring his brother. Sami loves God and has such a strong belief. All he wants in life is the blessing of God and peace. Says it all doesn't it? One cannot imagine what he went through living in Iraq. The last thing he said to me was I wish you a peaceful night with God blessing you.
I hope to meet Sami in the near future. I am thinking our mutual friends have a cottage at VB and maybe they will bring him out for a visit.

I have met quite a few Arabic people lately, including our pharmacist and I find them extremely caring people...very kind.

I see a similarity between the Ateah family and this...that is the older generation...Carl's Father's age. They wanted to make sure you were well fed and happy. they also are very direct...some of the Arabic doctors at the nearby hospital are like that and they really get along well with Carl. they usually end up laughing.

How exciting to have Ken come for a visit from down under! Now that must be a loooong flight. You will have lots of things to go and see and lots of good walks coming up! I wish him a good flight.

Have you been watching the Olympics, Beth? We have watched quite a bit. our favourite is the hockey and curling...but the ski jumping is pretty good too. What is your favorite?

I wish you a blessed Sunday...as Sami would say, hoping that Rick is feeling better,

Love to all,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

We bought a small cushion, a rubber lid that fits on any pot, some glasses, a bra and dad bought me a long vest. I will wear it to th airport to pick up Ken.

Yes we are watching the Olmypics, the curling and the skating and down hill skying.

I wish you the blessings of a new week.

Love beth