Sunday, February 25, 2018

LINGERING

The lingering snow will be here for awhile as it was piled up so deep.  Hard on the poor branches.
The rain came in the night and the Sat. morning paper came today.
Ken's presence sill seems to linger here as I think I hear foot steps or see him coming in the door.

I will not go to church today because I have a nasty cough and do not appreciate others sharing their germs around.

I still have some lingering pain if I walk too far and at the end of the day but I am doing so much better!  Going up stairs is a bit painful but I am doing better!

I will do some serious reading on the life of Jesus this morning from several books I picked up at the library.

I will also make chocolate chip cookies if I have chocolate chips.  I have to keep up with Carol in he Caymans.  Thanks for the cheerful phone call Carol and Panteli!


Saving Religion from "The Great Spiritual Migration"  :"From a religion organized for self-preservation and privilege
to a religion organized for the common good of all."

Jesus walked mong the ordinary men and women and children of his day teaching and healing.  His message was one built on tradition and Jewish expections.

"A man of great compassion, an internal movement of pity, which led to action of healing the blind and the lame, comforting the widow, freeing the possessed."
"How Jesus Became God"  by Bart Ehrman
Our neighbors clean our driveway again and again after each snow fall!

                                               LOTS TO BE THANKFUL FOR!

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

I am sorry to hear you have a nasty cough Beth. I hope you feel better soon and you are wise not to spread the bugs around by going to church.
You have done so well in healing with your hip injury. I am glad you can do most things now and even climb the stairs although it must be hard. Coming down is easier, right? I have arthritis in my hip and find that is so.

Did you hear from Ken? has he arrived home safely? How long was the journey?

That is what I like about Jesus...walking amongst the ordinary people...there were no fancy churches or even small churches...could it even be called religion? Not sure. He taught the message for all to hear.

The lemon cake I made yesterday seems to be disappearing at an alarming rate..almost as if we had a mouse in the house...but I doubt that when my sons two cats are living here. It is a good thing I enjoy baking!

I am watching the movie the Orient Express. Just taking a break as it is a long movie. It is the latest one and very good although the chap playing Poirot doesn't look at all like I would think he would.

mmm chocolate chip cookies sound good. I will put them on my list of things to bake.

We had a good walk today...up to the victoria Beach Community Centre and saw a lot of people there sliding down the big hill and skating. It is a mild day. Our neighbours dog, a Bassett Hound that is one brick short...followed us and she always gets in the way of vehicles. I have my dogs on a leash and she stands in front of approaching cars and makes them stop and they give me glaring looks. She is a nice enough dog, but sure dumb.

Are you going to watch the closing of the Olympics tonight? I believe they start at 7pm CST. We will watch them. Sad to hear they are done for another four years and the next time the winter Olympics are held they will be in Beijing. I heard that Calgary is bidding on the 2026 ones.

Have a lovely evening,

Love. Nancy

beth bennett said...

Ken has arrived home safely to a sunny Melbourne.

It takes about 20 hours with a flight to L.A. first then the flight to Melbourne.

We have enjoyed the games and will watch it to-night.

Reading old letters and cards today.

Have to gt rid of stuff.

Love beth