Friday, February 16, 2018

LOCKED

Gone are the days when we used to leave our door unlocked.  Usually because we could not find a .key we would end up the ones being locked out,  Today Sandra and Ken and I found ourselves locked out because the battery on the opener stopped working, 

It was cold and we had just been for a walk down to where my accident had occurred,.  It seems like ages ago to me and I am so thankful I did not hurt myself worse.

We looked in all the windows and everything was locked up tight.  Dad was in Langley getting his up graded pass to travel to the States.  We had no money as our wallets and purses where locked inside.  We headed to the White Spot to at least get warm.  Ken had made us a bit breakfast a big breakfast so we were not hungry but Sandra had come to late to enjoy the feast.

We sat and talked in the restaurant until dad arrived to pay the bill.

Yesterday we were locked out from the doctor's office.  We had arrived early too.
I read about  some of the sinful things done in the past by Christians.to justify their white supremacy and the exploration of others.  Unlocking these horrible truths are heartbreaking but when we admit the truth we may be open to change.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I hope the rest of your day was un eventful. I ended up buying two turkeys because there were no big ones.

Letting Randy have a bit of a sleep in as he had a hard first week at his new job in maintenance.

I have an appointment to take Peanut to a different doggy day care on Monday, it is not quite as convienient but it is in a house and maybe better for her.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Ken!
Panteli

nancy-Lou said...

Talk about 'bumping your nose on the door!' It was a good thing Whitespot was nearby and you could sit down and get warm.

It is nice to see Ken has arrived...lovely photo of Ken and Sandra. Have a good visit Ken.I guess you are all gearing up for the birthday party tomorrow for Larry?

Have you been watching the Olympic figure skating? I haven't misses and evening of watching...but it is a long program. The men are finished now and Japan won the gold medal. The ladies start soon and I look forward to that too. What is your favourite sport to watch on the Olympics?

That is good to hear the Randy has a different job now, in maintenance, byt I am wondering if he still has to work shift work? Those night shifts are brutal. Carl was a sergeant with Winnipeg Police and he worked lots of nights over the years. Sure glad those days are over!

I know lots of people who take their dogs to doggy day care these days. AND one of my art clients, who lives in Florida....as her dogs meals brought to the door each day...yup someone makes them for him. Just the meals that are ordered and delivered to the door each day. Now that is a new one on me!

I have lots to do before the curling comes on tv at 3pm so better get crackin'.

Have a wonderful day, with Ken and your family,

Love to all,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

i think Hockey is still the favorite
but it is all amazing and I think they
all deserve mentals.

Love beth