Wednesday, April 11, 2018

MIXED EMOTIONS

A flowering bush amid the late blooming bush.  Yes a day for me too as Rick said a day of mixed emotions travelling on the job again.

Wonderful exciting news about the new baby boy.  Congratulations to Shawna and Stephen.  He is going to be a special blessing.  I know our Ken was!

Another sad day for the Bronco's with the death of the trainer.

I went to our Bible Study at the church and It too was a time of mixed emotions.  Thoughts of the hockey team on our hearts.

We had to laugh though at Paul in his writings he says he does not want to boast but he does.
He started the church in Corinth and after he left false teachers took over. wanting to gain control. the church.  It was fairly small in numbers. Paul left the church to travel to other cities and through letters kept in touch.  He spoke out about immorality and sinful behavior.  He felt betrayed by those who came and preached against him. 

Oliver has left to go surfing in Mexico on the big waves there.

Evidently he came over on the Ferry on his bike with his surf board strapped on his back.  He was trying to say money.  He is taking a break before he starts the heavy lifting job with long hours up north.

Our church sale is the Sat. after this.

To-morrow I have the final x-ray of my hip.  The pain has stopped but I limp a little.
It will be another longday at the Patterson clinic.  I am tempted to cancel but dad thinks it is a good idea to know for sure it has healed completely.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

I'snt that quite the picture of Oliver on his bike with the surf board strapped to his back! Especially on the ferry.What an adventurous fellow he is! I bet he will have a blast surfing in Mexico.

I hope the results of your hip xrays show a lot of healing and I hope the pain gradually disappears Beth.Oh I just read that the pain has stopped...that is great news. You will sleep a lot easier now.
I hope too, that your wait at the doctors isn't too long. I have to see my doctor on Monday. For my B12 shot.

How wonderful for Stephan and Shawna to have another baby boy! does that make two or three children?

I had a watercolour class at my home and it was great fun...one was a man who has parkinsons disease. I wondered how he would fare handling the brush and drawing, but he did very well. A little bit of a mess here and there, but nothing I couldn't fix for him.

I am tired tonight though. I have cut the prednisone down to half now and really feel the difference. it will take a while for my adrenal glands to start making cortisone again. But I am determined. The side effects are just too hard to live with.

We had supper delivered to us tonight by our son's wonderful girlfriend, shelley. I was so glad I didn't have to cook. She is such an amazing lady...truly is. Very kind and caring and lots of fun too. I have never been spoiled like this before.

Have a lovely evening and a good sleep,
Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

So nice to have the labour and delivery over and Walker safe and sound at home.

Another short day at work. The coughing gives me a headache So just get done what I have to.

Hoping to get some major plant moving done so I need to feel better soon!