Monday, April 16, 2018

THE DANCE



A dance of color to brighten a dull day.  More rain making bigger puddles as we walk.

Sharing a life in family means we share the good and the difficult.  I am reminded that every moment counts and every day can create some showers or some sunshine.

Yesterday I read a prayer that said "let all good things drift towards you."

I had eggs delivered to my house by Sandra and Randy.  They did not come in not wanting to deliver any cold germs to us.

A little while lady an old friend came collecting for cancer.  She did come in and we talked about families and about loss for those suffering cancer.  She did her part in collecting money but also by being a good friend and neighbor.

I found myself thinking of our family and the many ways things have changed.  I have seen lives transformed and renewed in this the dance of life. 

"The beauty of human beings is in our capacity to give life to others, not only biological but spiritual as we bring to life a gift of faith and hope and blessing."  Jean Vanier

He talks about the weak and strong dancing together helping each other.


4 comments:

Sandra said...

And we need to dance while we still can, since we never know when we wont be able to. So shocking to hear about Chuck. Such a burden for Mikey and the family to have to share at a young age.

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Dance like nobody’s watching. I’ve always liked that. The dance of life changed for me in a positive way a few years ago while healing from breast cancer. I see life so differently now. I feel so blessed having the wonderful family and friends who were there for me. Life is a journey and we have to see the positive every day.
Your blog is always so positive and uplifting. I enjoy your spirituality.
Germaine.

nancy-Lou said...

What a lovely pot of tulips and daffodils...the colours are dancing aren't they? Is this one of yours Beth? So pretty and you wouldn't have to worry about them freezing in the wintertime like we do...they have to be planted right in the ground to survive the frost.

We took the dogs in for their grooming appointment and Max had to squeal a few times...just about breaks the ear drums and everyone thinks you are murdering him. Bella gets excited and pants and whimpers...but that Schnauser in Max gives him the squealing voice..YIKES.
They look like different dogs...shaved right down. Poor Bella had as much fur as a sheep...she was bushy. Sure costs an arm and a leg...but well worth it. Now they will be comfortable.

The weather has finally warmed up and it is very nice out and they say it will be above normal later in the week. ! Wonderful. No one has gone to the nursuries yet and they are complaining and the same with the golf courses..none are open yet. too much snow and ice...but I bet they will open up soon.

I am sorry to hear there is troubles with Mikes Dad....I hope all goes better for him soon.
Is it he, that has Alzheimers? Carl has a form of Alzheimers as well it is called Louie Body Disease and is different because he hasn't lost a lot of him memory, but he has troubles with thinking...like spatial things...parking a car in a spot in a parking lot...or he cannot do math anymore. He also has hallucinations that can be really scary. But I know how to deal with them now....

I have to go for a cat scan. I am retaining fluid around my abdomen...could be a problem with my liver...but I sure don't like it. My pants don't want to fit now and I am darned if I am going to buy new ones. I have to cut back on fluids and salt...it does help a lot. I take a diuretic as well.

Life is so very precious...and as Germaine says it is good to remain positive every day. Each day is a blessing...it sure makes one think about it when our neighbour was found dead at his door...died with his jacket andn sun glasses on..age 55. no health problems that we know of. a carpenter by trade. Lived alone. So I am thankful for today and thankful for what tomorrow will bring..

Thanks for the lovely cheerful photos Beth and the blog you write so faithfully every day,
You are a blessing!

Love to you and Larry,
Nancy

beth bennett said...

Thank you so much for sharing Germaine.

I did not want to break the news but by now all will now Mikie's dad died while fixing a huge tire that exploded. A terrible shock for the whole family. So tragic.

I AM at loss for words.

Love Mom