Thursday, April 12, 2018

REAL


 Dad started writing his hockey memories to prove tome that he was a real hockey player, which I already knew.  I have been hearing his stories for years and I like the funny ones best.  He and his teammates started out to drive on their road trip with two cars, neither one very reliable.  This time one car broke down and they decided to tow it back with a rope.  Dad was in the first car and the drive went very smoothly.  What a shock, a real shock, when they arrived back home to find only the empty rope dangling at the back of the car.  They were afraid to go back and look for the guys but knew they had to do it.

Our newest bundle of joy has become a real person with his own name.  Walker  Bennett Parsons has now become a very special little one as he joins his brothers and our family circle.  A healthy baby and a healthy mom an answer to prayers.

I had a good visit with a young doctor at the clinic who treated me like a real person not just an old lady.  He looked at all three x-rays and drew me a picture of what happened and how close it was to becoming a real break not just a fracture.

I felt a sigh of relief knowing I am healing well.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

It is so nice to be able to have such an exciting life to look back on. I think I need to do something soon that has a bit of excitement to it. Not quite sure what but something.

Even though you had a bit of a wait as usual, I am glad you got to see the doctor and have things explained well.

Randy is still on afternoons so a quiet night for me as usual and then hopefully have the energy to do a good clean before Mitch and his girlfriend come for lunch.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Well Sandra I think all of your grandchildren will bring lots of excitment into your life.

Have a good visit with Mitch and his girl friend.


don't worry about cleaning up too much.

Lovemom