Monday, April 23, 2018

SPRING TIME

The wonderful thing about springtime is that it gives you new energy.  Things you have been putting off doing you happily tackle.  We have started the ponds runnung again and fixed up the shade deck.  It was looking very sad with fallen needles off the trees and green slime.  I do not know where that comes from but dad tackled it with a brush and lots of soap.

We also put up some curtains.  Dad insisted he would go up the ladder and it was very scary when he took a little fall.  I hope he remembers this when he insists he can climb up on our roof.

I think all the weeds in our garden have been re energized too as I aweat and strain trying to dig them out.  I tell myself I just need to do a small area and I do.

Dad took time out to visit the neighbors and try sitting in their electric car.  He is dreaming of getting one too.  They commented on how much better he is walking and looking and I agree.  It makes us both feel hopeful.  Dad is making an effort to walk better and keep moving and doing and take his vitamens especially the Alpha Lipoic Acid twice a day with food.

Hope is like a road in the countrywhere there was no road until many people had walked along that way,  "The road comes into existence." -   L Yutang.

2 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Well, I guess Ken can mail the jacket back again. Just one of those things!

I met a lady from New Zealand over the weekend and when I said I couldn't tell the difference between the NZ and Australian accent she was startled that I could be so silly. Oh well, not the first time somebody has thought that of me. :)

Great news that Dad is walking better! But kind of hard understand falling off ladders. I think ladders ought to be a thing of the past from all concerned at your house! Plenty of young people popping in and out.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes
Rick I have to learn to be patient.

Just a small step ladder.

Good advice.

Love mom

Some peoplE are very good at accents.
Dad is I NOT.