Sunday, April 29, 2018

UNDECIDED

Today we have our meeting after church about whether to close down our church.  Yes, the leaders are weary and the numbers are dwindling  down.  I am undecided and I will not be voting. 

I would like it to stay open with a much simpler agenda.  We have been a strong community of faith committed and caring for each other.

Is it time to set free from the past and make an effort to find a new community.  I know some will be able to do this but it will be just too hard for others,

Years ago the doors of our church were always open but that has already changed as items have been stolen and it is hard to trust people. 

I am getting ready for church and I wonder how they will separate the members from the adherents?

3 comments:

Sandra said...

It seems like you are doubling up on writing, or I am just not reading often enough.

I dropped by yesterday. I had been at the animal shelter for their volunteer appreciation lunch. We were given a little certificate along with the other top hour volunteers. Randy did not come because he was working.

I left eggs in your fridge.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Just look at all the colour in that photo.....what a pretty garden. Where is this Beth?

I am sorry to hear about your church. Some people will never change in their way of thinking and yet others are open to new ways. I guess this will divide the parishoners. What a shame.

Yes, our church always was open too and that is when I went in a had organ practice.Now it is locked up and you have to go and get the key from a church member.

What a beautiful but scary day...it is so dry.We haven't had any rain to speak of since last fall and that was very little. The snow pack was small this winter. The winds are howling and dust is everywhere in the air. A friend was travelling on the highway near Winnipeg and it was so dusty blowing across the highway it looked like a whiteout in winter except it was grey. Very poor visibility. There were two large grass fires around the city as well. Almost got a school and houses.
There is a 30% chance of showers tomorrow and I hope we get some. The fire danger is red...#4, the top one.

We are watching hockey...the jets and the predators. 2-1 for the jets. It is between periods, but goingt o start soon so I gotta go!

Have a lovely evening,
Love, Nancy


beth bennett said...

Yes the game is over now.

That actually is my garden'

Sorry Sandra we missed you.

Love mom