Friday, April 13, 2018

TOUGH

                                       The rain and the wind are tough on the new tulips!
                                                     Lovely to see the color!
Aneta is a tough coolie who comes to call for me for our walk no matter how hard it is raining.  We both dress for the rain and enjoy the fresh air.  The doctor thought I was walking pretty good and said to keep it up.

Dad drives me over to the Care Home  where I visit Joan.  We share a lot in common as we both are declining in health.  For her a broken hip has forced her to live in a care home and experience the many losses that come when you cannot do things for yourself..

I agree with Joan that it is especially though for her.

After we do a little shopping at London Drugs and buy a new umbrella for our table in the back yard.  The rain was tough on the old one and it was looking very sad.  So we are ready for the sunshine.

The news is shocking with the U.S. making air strikes on Syria.  War is always toughest on the innocent who get caught in the cross fires.

The Winnipeg Jets are proving tough on their opponets with another win!

Go Jets go!

We are looking forward to enjoying Sat. afternoon with the old Bible study gang.


5 comments:

Sandra said...

Plans are still up in the air on what exactly we are doing today with Mitch.

I just hope the rain stops long enough at some point this weekend so I can go muck about in the garden.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

It looks good right now.
It is not raining.

Should we stop by to pick up eggs after our party?

Not everyone jumps at the chance at your invitations like we do!

Lovemom

Anonymous said...

We are having a ice storm here in kingston. I'm enjoying quiet time, but missing the kids and riley. Waiting for the sunshine! Love Mary

Anonymous said...

COOLIE is not politically correct mom , they are called Asians now ...
Ken

beth bennett said...

I meant to say Cookie!

The weather sounds frightful where Mary is.

So good to hear from her.

Dad and I do not like the cold at all any more.

I am feeling lazy today but will try and write a little blog
after I go for a walk.

Love mom (grandma)