Thursday, January 14, 2021

BLURY.

My eyes still seem blurry to-night.

Dad had a cheerful talk with the doctor but still no real answers.
I guess the answer is no magic pill but just keep track of what he eats and how he re-acts.

Sandra was looking forward to a nice walk at the beach when she got the phone call the doctor wanted her present.  I was glad she was there.  I want to put off the surgery but maybe her and the doctor are right I should have it done soon.  

I feel I am managing to cope but I need all the strength and energy I can find to do so.  Even coming home from the eye doctor's I felt worn out.  I have to keep n top of dad taking his pills and powdered drink  .I also have to see that he eats good meals that he likes.

My neighbors informed me that the little book place at the park has been rebuilt.  I look forward to going there to-morrow.  I have several books I can take.

Life seems blurry at times when there are no clear answers.

 

6 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

I am glad that the little library was rebuilt at the park. It will be nice of you to help get the collection going again.

I am wearing an eye-patch to help (hopefully) the two eyes to see better separately and then get them to eventually work together.

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

Since as you say you have limited energy maybe make a list of what you can do and what you need help with?

Since so many neighbours have offered to help why not ask one of them to take out your garbage?

And if you get the meal delivery a couple (or more) times a week.

Take care of you so you can take care of dad.

Oh, and the news is asking people to take down their bird feeders and wash with bleach as there is a break out of salmonella.

Sandra

Shandel said...

That is kinda scary about the birds. Hopefully everyone can clean the feeders and still be able to feed the birds. Its hard to do tough things. I wish you a quick and efficient surgery, should you choose to do it. I am interviewing with Parkland County on Monday at 4 p.m. I am very nervous about it and excited. I do not much enjoy the process of getting a new job, but I am doing it for the good of our future! I hope for a positive outcome, I would love to work close to home. Hope you guys had a good day, Happy Friday. XO

Ken Bennett said...

Good luck Shandel. Mom take it easy when you can. Once again can you identify what dad ate to make his tummy upset?
cold and wet here today. Not much planned .
Ken

beth bennett said...

Yes I will have the surgery.
I do not want to get run over by a car didn't see.

Ken I cannot figure dad's problem out.
I stay awake at night trying to figure what went wrong.

Sandra phoned the nurse today and the doctor is suggesting the powder drink and Met a Musil together.
Try it for a week and let him know.
Dad is very down today after another bad night.

/Trying to keep hopeful.

Good advice Sandra.

Love mom

Shandel said...

Thank you!!!