Wednesday, January 27, 2021

RENEWED

I could not believe my eyes when I opened them that it was morning.
We had slept all night.
Renewed and ready for the day.

It was not a nice sunny day like we have had lately but the rain was pouring down.  After breakfast it turned to snow.  The snow did not stick.  Spenser took one look out when I opened the door and then he looked at me as if to say we are not going out there are we.
We did have a very short walk.

Dad took him out later in the day for another short walk.  Dad seemed to be feeling better.

We decided to go to the store for a few things but when we got to the Safeway the parking lot was very full.  Since we were hungry we decided to go to Brown's.  Everyone was so happy to see us and the place was very empty.  Dad had fish and chips.  He is going to test to see if they bother him.

I could not believe Sandra and Randy drove all the way to Port Moody on this miserable day.  She got the instructions from the hospital for dad's procedure.  Some medicine has to be picked up and taken before he goes.  I sure hope we learn from this thing.  

Sandra knows the way and how to get there.  Very wise!  No wonder she married a wise man.

Hopefully we repeat another good night! 

 

3 comments:

Shandel said...

Oh that is very good to hear, a good night full sleep! I hope you also did last night. Does the batter from the deep friend fish and chips bother Grandpa? fingers crossed it does not. It is a little scary to drive the major highways in a snow storm. I am hoping it stops here today. My shift is 2-7 p.m. Prayers for Grandpa's procedure. Hehe a Wise man hey! You are too cute Grandma. XO

Steady-as-rain said...

Glad it was a good night with lots of sleep
That is great that Sandra is helping with the arrangements for the colonogram - or whatever it is called. Hopefully that will finally provide some information!

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Shandel I hope the storm stopped and the drive was okay.
Good luck in your new job.

Yes Rick we are trying to be hopeful.
Dad will lose more weight as he has to fast days before it.

Hope your dizziness is better.
A difficult time for you too.

Love mom (grandma)