Saturday, January 9, 2021

MORNING

Life is simple.
One flower can make a difference.

We are living in a world of chaos and unrest.
Thomas Merton suggests that it is also a transparent world
and the Divine is shining down upon us all the time.

I am hoping that everything that is troubling to me now helps me to be more compassionate.  This is to live with an open and honest heart that gives joy to others when it is given to us.  When I am worn out I feel negative and discouraged.  I must take time to face my negative emotions and then release these emotions that hold back happiness.

As I am heading home feeling a little tired a lady in a red car stops and motions me to come to her window. I am not sure if I know her but I approach her open window.  She hands me this cup of coffee and a little biscuit with a big smile.

Dad and I had a bad night and a bad day but I am hoping things will improve.

Had a nice visit from Sandra and Randy.  They brought this flower and two cans of beets. 

I believe there is kindness everywhere.  I believe there is love everywhere.  Sometimes I just have to be reminded of this.

When we live in the light of truth we can feel at peace.



 

2 comments:

Ken Bennett said...

Goodbye to Queensland, back to sunny Melbourne today. We went to Movieworld yesterday. Jasmine got sick riding the Scooby-doo ride three times in a row. Matthew was the bravest and rode the Superman ride 5 times by himself.
Sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday..
Ken

Sandra said...

Oh dear, were you wearing the patched up the coat, someone really did think you were a bag lady!

I got home but not sure I like the paint colour.

I hope you and Spencer get back out and walking without too much trauma from your recent run in.

Sandra