Thursday, January 28, 2021

TREES

I was thinking about what fills the empty space in our hearts.
That doubt and fear and worry create.
The amazing beauty of trees.
A walk in the woods.
The birth of a baby.  Remembering Stephen's birth.
A good book to read.
Music that lifts our spirits 
can change our mood.
Creative thinking.
What can I change ?
Good visits with family and friends.
A familiar voice on the phone.
A pet that makes us laugh.
Laughter.
Good deeds of kindness and grace.
Having a goal to work towards.
Living a life of faith and prayer.
LOVE

Dad realizes he cannot eat fish and chips/  He has had a bad stomach day.  No fun.  No fun at all.

He has a rash on his stomach and I wonder if it is shingles?  I know they are treatable if hey are diagnosed.

Something else to worry about.  No wonder we get anxious.  

We will get through this in time and with God's love and healing presence.


 


4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

I think it is time to be cautious about what Dad eats.

You are right that trees are wonderful things.

I remember when Stephen was born. Three babies that year.

I am off in my wheelchair to have a shower. Early in the morning everything is quiet.

Love,

Rick

Lo

Sandra said...

Now that dad has become a believer in the cause and effects of food maybe more progress can be made on eliminating the other culprits.

I did not get out for a walk yesterday, did my yoga though.

Took Missy to the vet yesterday, they still think her actions are pointing to kitty dementia. She offered drugs but after she read off some of the side effects I chose not to do it.

Trees, clouds, waves. Some of the most calming parts of nature.

Sandra

Shandel said...

Maybe Grandpa can compromise, have a cleaner version of fish and chips. Like baked potatoes and a non breaded deep fried fish with veggies. Still sounds just as good! 😄 feeling better is whats important. I hope he does.
Nature is very calming and what I like to fill space with. Can't wait for spring. The storm did stop and the sun came out. A little slippery, but alright drive. Thanks for the good wishes. I appreciate that.

beth bennett said...

Dad's rash is better today. He had Sunny Boy Porridge today and it is now upsetting him.
For supper he can have mashed potatoes and chicken. For lunch he had an egg salad sandwich.


we may go for a walk now. If he is okay.

Maybe he should rest. I do not know.

Thanks for the advice.

I am trying to do what is best for dad.

He had a boast too.

Love mom