Saturday, January 30, 2021

HUMOR

                                             Humor is like a beautiful sunset that brightens the day.

                                                             A moment in time.

I know that it is important to laugh at ourselves.  I know I do some crazy things.  It is good to laugh with others.

Dad is flying from room to room in the wheel chair to see if it will fit through the doors.

I was starting to read a new book and had to laugh.  After reading the preface the author says it is not important and not to bother to read it.  He admits he should have told you sooner.  Also it is not necessary to read the acknowledgements.  I do do not do that anyway.  If you are short of time skip the table of contents.  It is too late I have read them.

Actually you may want to skip the middle of the book, namely pages 239 -35i.  Not all that interesting.

Actually the first  three or four chapters may be all you are interested in.

I found this very humorous.

We always have a laugh as we watch Heartbeat.  The characters are very real.

Dad is eating Olives and I do not know if he should.  Well we will find out that is for sure.

I am happy Rick is going to have a guitar.  Music is healing and playing good for the brain.

Think of me the next time you have a good laugh!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

And humour is good for the brain.

That is a very funny author, but so true about what a person actually needs to read. It seems like so much of the good stuff goes into the first chapters to get a person hooked that the rest just fizzles out.

Sandra

Shandel said...

Funny book! Hah. I have been wanting to get a new book on the go. I might wait until after a few weeks of work and routine. Looking forward to getting settled and enjoying regular paced life. Its feels weird to always be starting over at places of work. Still pretty cold here, we bundle up in several layers to walk daisy for about half hour twice a day minimum. Feels like a lot of work to get all dressed up, so we are sure to stay out for a bit. I hope the olives didn't hurt Grandpas stomach. 🤞
Laughing is some good medicine hey. 😍😄🥰

Steady-as-rain said...

I think olives are probably not too bad.

Humour is very important.

Thanks to Dad for checking where the wheelchair will fit through. I thought I would be mainly walking by now, but not so.

Love,

Rick