Wednesday, January 20, 2021

CHEERFUL

Receiving our meals was exciting.
It all looks delicious.
We had already had lunch, Taco's before it arrived
so our first meal will be a salad.

Spenser and I met some good friends on our walk.  Several commented on my new jacket.  Lily comment on Spenser's leash.  I told her I was going to get a new one soon.  It is a very old one.

Dad was very cheerful.  He knows he has to accept some of his health problems while continuing to work on them.

We watch the ceremony in Washington.  Great music, great speeches, good people, which gives us hope things are going to change with this president.  We hope he can bring healing and unity.  Not a easy or a simple task.  He encourages everyone to take part in this process.  He stresses it will take hard work and lots of prayers.  Be a light that shines in the darkness and gives us all a purpose to do our best to support one another.

I like the verses he read from the Bible that joy comes in the morning.  Yes, the night seems long but our strength comes as we carry on with open hearts and caring actions.

We both feel cheerful.  Our family is so very supportive!

 

3 comments:

Shandel said...

How great Grandpa was cheerful. Acceptance is an important step to healing. In any context.
I am hopeful as well. It will take more then just a President change, but it will be a big step. Everyone needs to change. I am hopeful many will. I am interested in your review of the pre made meals when you try them. Cameron and i talk about doing that once or twice a week to help with cooking.

Sandra said...

That is a lot of food, I thought you were only going to be getting a few things, but that looks like a weeks worth.

I had been working on a letter to send to Dr M but after sharing with Carol, Rick and Kenny I am going to have to redo. I hate spending time on the computer on the weekend since I spend so much during the week, but it is worthwhile so I will get at it.

Hope you and dad have had soom good days and nights. Be careful with it getting below freezing again.

Sandra

Ken Bennett said...

We are going to the Water Park for a belated birthday party for jasmine today. 28c ok weather. Yes that may be too much food. Do you have room in your fridge?
Ken