Monday, January 4, 2021

BOOKS

Books are like old friends.
It is great fun to find one at my little book place.
This is one I found a few days ago.

The weather has been so miserable and most of my dog friends have not been walking or they walk at different times.  On Sunday I was walking with Sandra and this car drives up to the curb and my old friend Jan jumped out.  She is he muffin lady.  She was wanting to know how dad is doing and also about Rick.

Today when Carol and I walked by our neighbor Core he was working in his garage and also asked about Rick.  Core and Natasha are the the people and the chocolate cake people.

I was happy to go for walks with both the girls.  The walk with Carol was short because /Spenser did not want to go for a walk at all.

Carol stayed and asked dad's some questions.  She will come and be here when the doctor phones dad at one o'clock.  We think he is much the same but when we tell him about our discovery that he might have  Teneamus.  Sandra found it on the Inter-net.

I am thankful for the meals that Theresa brought.

Now I have to also learn how to order meals.

Dad and I are feeling weak so we will try to get stronger.

Dad rode his in door bike today so that is a good start.  Walking helps me.  It has been nice walking Spenser but I should do it even if he does not want to.  Rain is here to stay for awhile.

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jan may be an old friend, but really should not be getting so close and touching you.

I think dad is having many more good days than bad days now, and the bad ones are not so intense. Once we get his food triggers figured out those will be even fewer.

Fingers crossed for a good phone appointment today with some new treatment options.

I had a horrible dream last night that I fell into a huge hole by your house and Randy tried to save me and then we were covered up as the walls of mud collapse on us. We were dead and I was talking to another dead person as I was walking down the road (in the under the ground world) that I was 60 so it was Ok to be dead, but I did not really want to be. And I kept saying that " I dont want to be dead" and then magically there was an underground room for us with walls of cement. But we were still way under the ground and no one could get to us. But I kept watching and slowly some sunlight came through a crack in the cement and people heard us yelling and we were rescued.

I could not go back to sleep though as it felt like if I went back to sleep I would die again. So even though it was just after 4am I got up.

I was just starting to do some yoga then Mary called and the next thing you know it is time to leave for work.

Sandra

Ken Bennett said...

I had a fantastic birthday. Tyler, Brittany and Cade (BF) Hobey and Felica and Pella and kids ( Melina sister) so it was 13 for dinner . Brittany worked miracle getting us a table at such a popular restaurant. The funny thing is that we had 10 phones at the table and not one photo!!! I just didn't think. We went back to the hotel to change and went down to the beach to play volleyball. It was still warm at 10pm. I went for a swim but checked out because sharks like to eat at night!!
GO CANADA... beat the USA .. 30C with thunderstorms today ocean water temp 25c.
Ken

beth bennett said...

Sandra what an awful dream.
I am glad you do not want to be dead.
Yes I agree with you about dad.

Ken I am so happy you had such an amazing birthday.
So good that Tyler and Brittany came too.

What a beautiful place!

Enjoy every moment of it.

I am sure the girls like the shopping.

The beach sounds perfect too.
Try to take some photo's now.

Wishing you lots more happy times.

Love mom and dad.
Thanks for keeping in touch with dad.

Shandel said...

Some people around Stony Plain have been posting about a little book box, I have not come across it yet. I also heard there are different boxes around town for people to get some necessities, like food, clothing, and toiletry products. It sure was a nice feeling knowing there are so many good people out there trying to help anyone in need. I have a few COVID help pages i see entries on with FB, and i have noticed that many of these help boxes are up all over Edmonton. There are so many ppl struggling right now. Good sign for humanity when many are willing to help out.
I wonder if you carried Spencer out for his walk and then put him down if he would be more inclined to go? Or maybe you already do that and he is just stubborn? My moms old dog used to hate walking in the rain, and whenever i would take her she had no problem going out in the rain with Daisy, i think she was being finicky with my mom, some animals are like that with their primary owners.