Sunday, January 10, 2021

SUPPORT

I thought about working in the yard but it was cold.


I was reminded by my granddaughter as well as my daughter how fortunate  we are to have the support of family and friends.  I feel supported by their love for me. 

I now have a lovely warm white jacket for my evening walks in the dark.  Thanks Sandra.

Receiving an invitation for supper yesterday made us feel good even if we were not feeling good enough to go.  Thanks Carol.

It seems the grandchildren had fun on he rides at the fair grounds.  I cannot imagine three rides on one of those awful rides.  Good to hear what they are doing.  Thanks Ken.

We want things to improve quickly but for dad and Rick healing is taking time.
Any improvement is wonderful.  Keep up the good work Rick~

I was happy it was not raining in the morning when Spenser and I walked over to the park.  My friend with the Jack Russell dog was there throwing the ball for her dog.  He is a handful and will not listen to her at all.

I stop to talk and we were joined by two other people and their dogs.  The Jack Russell decided to attach Spenser.  He came at him growling and biting.  I managed to pick Spenser up but he still was jumping up on me.  Fortunately the man who was there kicked at him and he ran away.  I was so thankful for that support.  I heard my friend saying sorry as I left.  She is a very kind hearted person so I know she meant it.

Sunday is a day when I miss the support of my church.

It was good to talk to Shandel and Cameron and Tasha.  They were in good spirits even though it is a difficult time.

Amazing how much better one feels when you keep in touch and feel supported. 


 

4 comments:

Shandel said...

We are so happy when you guys call, and we are reminded that we really should call more often. We are glad to hear Spencer was not hurt and that you were able to get him away from the snippy dog. They sure can be funny creatures and it is very scary. We really hope we are able to come visit sometime this year, Cameron has time off at the end of April, and we shall see if i can get it off or if we are even able to travel to another province. It is important to follow rules, but equally important to see each other one way or another.

Anonymous said...

All the stress and uncertainties can certainly drain a person, I hope you and dad had a better night.

I did not feel like doing much, but as soon as I got home Randy made us go for a walk. I had told him it was important for us BOTH to do this and now he is on board he does not let up.

I had decided I was not sure about the colour I picked so paining was put on hold.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Sorry about Spenser getting attacked like that. Lucky you didn't get knocked over in the confusion!

Sandra and Carol have arranged to get my mail forwarded from Kamloops, so that is good. I was starting to worry about that! So I have lots of support as well.

I haven't had a bad dizzy spell for about a week, which is excellent. But the general sense of being dizzy hasn't gone away.

Leah has been giving me lots of good advice about medicines.

Good that Randy and Sandra are going for walks! A good way to get exercise. :)

I have to remember to call Lucas on his birthday - Jan 13th.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Hi Rick
That is good news. Hope you continue to improve.

Lucas will be pleased to have a phone call.
I am happy he is joining in with d=family members.

Yes Sandra it helps to have some one who can walk with you.
I am happy Spenser goes with me.

We had two good walks today but they do tire me out
yes I am lucky I can rest.

Love mom