Tuesday, January 12, 2021

HAPPIER

Dad is better today.
We went out and ate at Brown's while the girls cleaned the house.
He had a hamburger.
After I went shopping.
Brian phoned to say the card from Shandel and Cameron arrived today.
The health department has been up checking on him asking a lot of questions.
Nobody likes this.  He may get some cleaning help once a month.

The water problem is bad outside on the tiny strip of lawn and running over the sidewalk.  I have been getting more concerned.  I was thinking of getting some handy man to create a ditch for it to run off to the side not over to the room/  I worry about people falling.

This morning a city worker drove up.  He was new to our problem.  I was so glad to see him.  I showed him where a tiny bit of water is still running.  He has put a cone there and promised to make the ditch.  He says rightly it is on their property.  I could have given him a hug.  But I know that I will have to wait and see.  I am glad dad seems happier and his stomach has calmed down.

Good news from the nurse and from Rick things are improving.  

Now I may take Spenser for a short walk.  We did not walk very far today.

We are all just human beings trying to find our way through life the best we can!


 

4 comments:

Shandel said...

I had thought the water problem you guys had for so long out front had been rectified? I hope this is the last step so you do not have to worry about that anymore. I am thrilled to hear there is much improvement for Uncle Rick, and Grandpa. I hope this continues. The Doctor may not have a miracle cure, but he should be sticking to his word and making sure the medications he has promised are done up and if not, well a phone call would be great hey. Especially in these times. I am so glad to hear our card finally arrived to Uncle Brian. I hope the others also received their cards. I sent a few to Australia and the USA.

Ken Bennett said...

What I thought the leak was fixed? What did Dad change in his diet, or did he change anything. Great day Trump impeached for the second time and the NHL starts today.
Ken

Steady-as-rain said...

I have a bad feeling about that water problem. I'm glad someone from the City seems inclined to actually help.

Ummm - I'm not really doing all that well, but not going backwards, so that is good.

The social worker here got me to fill out an EI application. That was very difficult to do, basically having to close one eye most of the time to read. And the left hand is not good on the typing. But eventally got it done. Need a medical certificate from the hospital now.

Around about now a cheesenburger from Brown's would taste good.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

I guess I spoke too soon. Dad did not have a good day today.
Rick would like to do better. Certainly I hope his eye starts healing.

Yes we thought the water problem was fixed but it has come back worsel
I hope the ma

Dad was too tired to watch the hockey.
He listened to it on the radio for a while.

Love mom