Tuesday, June 16, 2009

HUMILITY


I think maybe to put your faith in the unknown; or what at first appears unknown, takes humility and a childlike openness to keep ask questions and seeking this as one of life's great mysteries.

I think the question we can ask ourselves is do we want to believe?

Another question is disbelief a disdain for those who do believe?

Is it wanting to be in control of my world? A world based on scientic facts and the doubts of others. Those who demand proof are missing the key to faith which is risking a leap into the unknown.

Honesty is good but humility is beautiful and like a bee is drawn to a flower draws the spirit of God to the childlike heart.
I ask myself questions all day. I wonder why? Why am I forgetful and messy etc. Why do I feel at home and secure just being in a church and why do I feel fear and anxiety in a bar? I do not belong maybe?
Happiness never denys a certain sadness
a sense of being lost at times in uncertainty;
but love is always around us and within us.
Happiness seems to be the ability to accept a certain amount of unhappiness with grace. This is what the serenity prayer is all about.
Lots to pray about today, a safe trip home for Carol and Panteli, the new pregnacy, hopefully a new home and renewed health for us all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personaly, I think religion wants to have control. Brings everything down to certainties and and absalutes, and rules, and must nots and dos and donts. With out religion and only science you are in a world of constant change as more and more is dicovered and understood. There is nothing certain. That is what I think. Besides, why does a believer has to feel the need to pass judgement on a non believer, feel sorry for them mourne what they think the non believer is missing. Why cant we all just get along. "I love you, you love me, we are one big happy family" But, I better get to work, a long day ahead and then bridal meeting tonight at my house. I hope no one arives hungry.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree you have made very good points but for myself I care less and less for those who choose not to believe.

Humility means not judging.

love mom

Anonymous said...

Wow, I thought you were going to blast me! So does this mean I am still in the will?
Oh,and you and dad are more then welcome to drop by and say hello to every one if you feel up to it.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

No dear I would not blast you I like having comments and it is good to say it like it is.

I had my two walks today and cleaned up the house and made muffins so I am tired.

Tomorrow I may walk with Jane and then Des comes over. I miss my nap time!

love mom