Saturday, June 27, 2009

LIVING THE WORD


HERE IS BETH FILLING UP OUR CAR WITH A BUNCH OF CLOTHES SHE BOUGHT AT A YARD SALE AND LUGGER SIX BLOCKS HOME
VIEW FROM OUR LITTLE WALK ALONG THE SURREY FEN

WHAT IS A CHRISTIAN? HOW DO I LIVE MY BELIEF.
For me this means searching and re reading the scripture and learning about the past history of those who wrote the Bible and those who have translated sacred living words into our daily understanding.


I think that we all are spiritual misfits looking for answers but for me I long to know more and more about the true heart of God, the creator and sustainer of life. I believe that deep inside of us something responds to a greater scourse of strength that draws us into a place of amazing love! !


Is it believing the right words or is it doing the right things?


I believe that our faith needs to be put into action and that most people in the church do the things they like doing. I work at the book selling both,

I do not like working in the kitchen I feel too slow while others are quick and know exactly what to do.


I like discussing my faith with others and reading the Bible so I attend and support Bible study. I help by visiting the sick and lonely because I have been both. I take clothes and help at the Oak Ave. Free Store because I love children and think they should be clothed and cared for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I take it, then, that the clothes going into the trunk of the car are going to the Oak Street free store?

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Yes and I did wash them before I took them.

They are in great need of blankets and towels so I added some of ours.

I also picked up some children's books as they like that too. Love mom

Anonymous said...

looks nice and summery over there at the moment . Wheres the pic's of the new roof ???
Ken