Thursday, June 11, 2009

THE STREET IS EMPTY BUT NOT QUIET.








I went a little earlier and saw no one which is unusual. But the birds were singing their happy songs, a baby was crying, some one was practicing on the piano, and I could hear children laughing. Early morning commuters went speeding by intent on catching the green light.

So I decided to go on to the water shed park and see if I could capture the morning light. It is like another world as I enter into the darkness. No one is there then I hear a man come running up behind me with his dog. He shouts a good morning and carries on.
Life can be all around us but when I am quiet I can feel an awareness of emptiness. This is a creative awareness not an emotional feeling. When I feel like this it is time to fill up my thoughts with all the blessings of thankfulness and take time to look at the world around me with an openness and a expectation that there is more than the eye can see.
Martin Buber reminds us that just to live is holy. Just to be is enough.
I have a little notebook where I write down words I hear or read that inspire me and invite me to go deeper within myself. What is causing me to feel sad or lonely? What am I afraid of facing? Am I missing something?
Then I realize how much I have and how much love and life there is all around me! Just like my garden needs watering so does my soul!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brings back memories . What a wonderful place , so nice to walk in .
Ken

Anonymous said...

I was telling Mary once when we drove out to pick up Justince really early in the morning in Vancouver how just by going at a different time it made it seem like a whole different world. Remember, if you and dad are out and about drop by, I am busy getting ready for next weekend. Oh, or you have another funeral today?
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Yes we have another funeral today.