Friday, June 5, 2009

I AM SO THANKFUL IT IS COOLER











I am going for an early walk and not going all the way to meet Janet today.
I came home from visiting yesterday and was so hot and tired slept for two hours. Dad made our supper.

We went to the library and I got some good books; especially one that dad likes. I have a lot of reading to do but lately I just nod off. Dad is going to cut down the prickles in our walkway they are blocking the path.

I put the sprinkler on and I am happy seeing my carrotts and peas and radishes growing but the battle against the weeds continues and I am ready to let them win.

I got a picture of the "waskly" rabbit. I guess I should look at how Rick spelt that. I will put pictures on when I come back.

To-morrow is a meeting at the church about what kind of church we want to be. Tes, I still have hope for the church. I believe in it and the influence it can have on us stressed out morons. Meaning me!

Then their is a funeral which I should help at. Everyone is getting on in age it is hard for most of us except for a few very energetic people. I love the church becquse it feeds that inner hunger or emptiness that lives within us all.

It is more politically acceptable to say you are :spiritual" than to admit a need to attend church. We all share more on the inside than our outward sifferences may suggest. Yes, relugion can be seen as rigid and boring and not revelevant.

Us church goers are admitting the failure to really touch people deep in their souls, yet we are all people of the Spirit.

A good word for that vague but hungrey part of us is :soul" For many od us our soul lives in the shadow and our busy lives can ignore the gift of grace within us.

I honestly feel badly that I cannot do more, like work at the food bank or at Oak Avenue giving out clothes and food to the poor. I am so thankful for the good people that carry on these tasks.

I ama believer and I bring that positive energy with me.

Yes, I get mad, furious at those who stand back and declare faith a delusion. It makes me happier and it makes me want to help others. I feel very alone in my family with my belief but I will do my best to be myself and believe that the light and life of Jesus shines through!

This was going to be a small note but keeping things short is not my best quality. I could say so much more and I will probably go and write in my journal later.

Now I am living in the "Now" of going for a walk.

I do not know if Sandra with her eyes focused on all my nasty weeds is coming over. What a great help she is.

SO BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED.

No comments: