Friday, June 26, 2009

THE STAFF OF LIFE


WE STARTED OUT THE DAY WAITING AT THE DOCTORS OFFICE
FINALLY GOT IN HERE - SORT OF A WASTE OF TIME - HE SAID IT COULD BE THE FINAL FLARE UP OF THE SHINGLES AND I COULD STOP TAKING THE HORRIBLE ANT--VIRAL MEDS -

LATER IN THE DAY - GOT A CALL FROM OTHER DOCTOR - HAVE A BLADDER INFECTION - NOT SUCH BAD NEWS - FEEL BETTER.

This is my bread that I just made; now Theresa and I are both celiac. She sure had all the symptons and now is ready to start her new life style. I have been sharing with her my journey that took many years before I was diagnosed. We will share receipes etc; she is enthusiastic just what I need because I have become so bored with my diet.
AFTER THE DOCTOR VISIT - HAD A WALK IN THE FEN -
NO DUCKS OR ANY OTHER LIFE AT ALL - BUT A LOVELY DAY.
WE WALKED TO THAT LOOKOUT THING IN THE DISTANCE

THIS IS THE HALL AT COLEBROOK ALL FIXED UP FOR THE STRAWBERRY TEA. IT WAS FUN TIME GETTING THINGS READY.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is good that you can share gluten-free recipes with Theresa, but maybe she should actually get the formal diagnosis?

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

I disagree sticking a tube down into your intestines is no fun and can even be dangerous.
Yes, if she does not improve maybe.

Anonymous said...

The bread was yummy!

The doctor has diagnosed me with Celiac disease. He doesnt reccomend the biopsy because 1) it wouldnt change anything I am already eating gluten free 2) I would have to eat a lot of wheat products for three weeks before the biopsy which would be awful! Zero energy, super bloated, loose weight, get sick. At first I thought I would go against drs advice and get it dont anyway. But I feel soooooo bad when I eat the tiniest bit of wheat. And i dont want to get worse before i get better. So far I have improved a lot on a GF diet. If I have problems I will do the biopsy. so far so good.

Thanks grandma for all your encouraging words and efforts to help me join your world of gluten free living. I think it is a healthy one. Kinda plain but healthy.

-Theresa