Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I 'VE DONE MY GRIEVING

This is in response to believers feeling sad for unbelievers.

I am just talking to myself and expressing the joy of faith that I feel. I wonder how much it has to do with our memories. I have very happy memories sitting in church with my parents [ even though I thought my dad sang too loud], I was happy being with mom.

Happy memories are fleeting but every one has to choose their own way of coping with life and finding happy moments to treasure. There is going to be a big meeting in Vancouver in September with a lot of spiritual leaders like the Dalai Lama, Desmund Tutu, scientist-monk Mathieu Ricard and authors Eckhart Tolle and Stephen Covey. Also there will be Nobel Peace Prize winners Mairead Maguire and Betty and Jody Williams.

There is an awareness that religion, as we know it has failed, but people are still looking for fulfillment and healthy living. Spirituality becomes a state of mind, a living in the reality of what is and meditating on goodness.

I read in a book once about a lady who was very ill and people did not know what to say or do when they visited her; especially because she could not talk. If she could have communicated to them she would have said "bring your gentle spirit."

Words often fail to express what our heart desires to say.

Reading the words of Jesus his passion was to bring people "good news".
His life showed his compassion but also his anger at religiosity.
His death on the cross reveals his humility and his love for all humanity.

Rules destroy our freedom to be ourselves and life would be much easier if we kept it all simple. When I read about the story of a girl in Kabul, Afghanan, her life is very sad. Even as a child she experienced her dad being put in jail and she says "this left a crack in the wall of my innocence."
We all have felt cracks in our deepest being but God promises to welcome especially those with a broken heart.
I know I am just rambling on and on so I will stop. Dad will now remind me that religion and especially Christianity is the cause of all the world's problems. And if Christians had their way "all non believers would be put in jail".
God help me I reply.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not understand, you did not talk about greiving, or by "done" did you mean you are not greiving any more? Randy was wondering what he will say to his aunt when we see her next week. I supose everyone is different, some will want to talk about their immenent death, others will want to talk of everything but. Carol did make it over last night and brought me a nice dress back from China.
See you Saturday.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I think I should rename this Sandra and me blogging.

I was responding to your words about believers being sad about those who do not believe. I was thinking a lot about that.

Good for Carol. love mom