Friday, August 13, 2010

CONTRADICTIONS


I"ve always admired people with lots of energy, that can work all day and dance all night. Not me. At least I can blame my tiredness on my all the years I have put in so far. I know that tiredness can be a problem at any age and when you have children you never get enough sleep. I was pretty darn tired after our visitors left yesterday even though I enjoyed every minute and did not feel tired when they were here. Dad was right I made too much food and we sat outside so why did I vacuum before they came?

Contradictions.
Sure the Bible is full of contradictions. Have you never contradicted yourself? I have and I have others do it too. Yet deep inside us is a longing for something that is real, something that could change our lives forever. We have so much scientific knowledge in the world today but one day you read that something is good for you and a week later you may read the opposite.

I have to come to the conclusions there are no expects, in law or politics or religion or even in science with all it's discoveries. I know what I believe today that gives me strength and peace and that is enough for today. Words are powerful yet even words are not the answer.

We are choosing a new minister, or others are I am not involved, and I hope he or she will be able to invite us into their world of faith and still continue to encourage us to search for ours. I pray that as a community we will welcome others into the mystery of faith and the power of forgiveness.

The world is not black and white but is colored with many colors! A rainbow can remind us of this. A small butterfly flitting from flower to flower can cause us to stop and wonder!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you find the fish pond ? did you get the map I sent?
KEN

Anonymous said...

No I have not found my pond. It is too far for dad to walk.
Yes, thank you I got the map but it really does not help me. Thanks anyway. love mom