Wednesday, August 11, 2010

MY TRUE NATURE


On the way home we stopped for lunch at the Old Surrey place mall. There is a trendy restaurant there and we shared a salad. Very slow eating for me now as my tooth is bothering me. I picked up some straws which will help with eating cold things like a drink of mild, ice cream etc. Why did I not think of this before.
Anyway the Mall has a university attached to it and inside the entrance there is this amazing upturned boat. The light coming through was beautiful and seeing all the young students sitting around the outdoor square gave my spirits a lift.

Came home and had a rest and then went out to see the pond dads is working on. Just standing there not near a flower or anything a wasp came and stung me in the hand. It was so painful and even hurts a bit this morning to type.

The good thing was that dad stopped his work to get something from the store and realized how sore his knee was getting. So there we sat with ice on his knee and me trying ice on my hand but it made it worse.

I am trying to find a new series of mystery stories but old=fashioned me has trouble with nasty words, I do not like. I think if I read them I am going to end up saying them. I do not like hearing them either but I do as I pass by people on the street.

Somehow even in this day of contradictions where my cranky tired self found everything an effort I could still believe that my true nature held a desire to be loving and kind. "Be still and Know that I am God" Again I am drawn to that inner stillness where I have never based my faith on dogma or religious practices or even a need to please the God I believe in. I have always believed He believes in me and somehow He will love me enough to allow my true nature to be restored. A faith built on unconditional love can be so hard to find if we are too busy justifying and working hard at being some one else.

The real holiness comes through in the small acts of kindness and in the faith that each new day is like a new beginning. Today I am taking a bus ride with my new friend Roseanna to New Westminster to see her high-rise apartment. I think it will be lovely as everything in her home is perfect/ But perfection has a boredom about it don't you think. I am busy making messes with my goal not being perfection but simplicity. Once I get everything in it's right place around me maybe it will also bring peace within me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think maybe I have been there after all, and just never looked up.
Sandra

Sheryl said...

Perhaps Mary Higgins Clark for mysteries? They're clean...and suspenseful. There's nothing like Agatha Christie, either...

Anonymous said...

That is very true Sherly. Thank you for commenting.
love beth