Thursday, August 26, 2010

GOD


It is easy to see God as living up in the sky causing the wind to blow, the thunder and lightning to frighten us, or the rainbow to calm our fears. We often bow our heads to express our words of prayer hoping these words will fly out into space and be heard and answered.

This is a child's view of God and we find as we become mature and intellectually wise that our experiences of life do not match up with our expectations of the Sky God who controls the heavens and the earth.

I am just beginning this and will finish it later. I am trying to forget how nauseated I feel after taking my awful tasting and even worse smelling medicine [you think rotten eggs smell bad but try smelling this]. I am aloud to take gravol so that is a help. This is to protect my kidneys for my test to-morrow. A 2 hour C. T. Scan. Trying to stay on a wheat-free diet is very hard to do and the doctors are not really much help.

This is my last test and I am having it because the other C.T. Scan showed a shadow that they were not sure of on the Colon. And yes we are very fortunate to have the medical care that we have and to also choose alternative medicine to help us.

I planned to have a quiet day reading but dad and I were invited to meet Sandra in White Rock at Milestones. She had good news of some burglars being apprehended in her neighborhood so hopefully that is the same bad guys who came to her home.

"When the traditional notion of God ceases to have meaning, many of us begin to embrace a God as a boundless reality unlimited by time, place or gender".

Is God a life-giving force that moves in and through creation? God does not prevent bad things happening in our lives so we must change our view as God as a protector or the one who gives us victory over evil. But the strength of His Love empowers us to overcome our difficulties. I am learning to value the sacredness of life and what that means in developing me to become a better person.

3 comments:

Merry Sunshine said...

Oh Beth...how awful for you to have to take that nasty medicine and tests. I pray that everything goes quickly for the CT scan and the results are excellent. Did I tell you I like to silently "sing" my favourite hymns at stressful times like tests. I sure helps me to get through them. I just had an appointment with a dietitian at our local hospital and found him very helpful. The cheerios (oats) I have been eating for months for breakfast..GUESS WHAT....they have wheat in them. He even had a cheerios label to show me. I had to take the initiative and make the appointment myself...my doctor didn't even suggest it when he told me I had high levels of antibodies for Celiac Disease in my blood. The dietician even made another appointment in a month where I have to bring a food chart of what I eat and I also will meet with a nurse for blood pressure and diabetes help. GOsh I am impressed as to what is available at our little country hospital. I thank God for our medicare here in Canada. We are truly blessed aren't we? Good luck to you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Here is hoping you have a quick and pleasant time at the hospital! In reading that book, the something of somewhere, you know the one you gave me, while I was at the dentist gagging and thinking I was going to drown in my own saliva could could take comfort in the thought at least no one was shooting at me. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes, I have the same feeling at the dentist and I was not happy when the rubber dam covered my nose.

I will be happy when my destal work is all done and so will you be.
love mom