Thursday, August 12, 2010

WELCOME


We found this little sign hidden in the water-shed park.

Such a little word that can mean so very much especially if you have ever been in a place where you feel unwelcomed. This is a rare experience for most of us. When I read the Bible I have noticed how welcoming Jesus was to all who came to him. Today I often feel causious before I welcome anyone into my home. It is sad not to be able to trust people. I had left over buns that I would have like to given to some poor people but I may not be welcomed in their midst.

Did Jesus really say that we will be held accountable for every careless word that we utter. Words can bring joy, happiness, rebuke, disappointment, judgment and many words I say are careless. Yes, think before you speak and now think before you post on-line. I have often wanted to delete.
We welcome one another with words and yet we remember the unkind words long after they have been spoken. Words are so powerful they can haunt us until the day we die.

"Words have consequences; writing is a moral act." Philip Zaleski

I have never thought of this before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Jesus really say that? I don't know - I would have said not, but I imagine you didn't just make it up. Does he say it in each of the four gospels? In any event, didn't he curse out a tree that wasn't bearing fruit when he wanted it?

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Good questions Rick. It is only in Mathew 12:36 and you really need to read all the chapter.
I could ask the experts if Jesus really said it and they would probably disagree.
The tree was just a symble of the false outward appearance we put on.
I think dad is willimg to go into the forest today so that is good.
love mom P.S. He would love all the trees there!