Saturday, August 28, 2010

THE EXTROANDARY ORDINARY


I was once again impressed by the extraordinary kindness and thoughtfulness as I was at the hospital C.T.Scan area. An ordinary group of people that really seem to like their jobs and treat everyone with a gentleness and concern that is so calming. I felt confident in their knowledge and skill.

Life is mostly made up of very ordinary days but I have met so many extraordinary people that have really touched my heart and life. It is the simple acts of kindness that make each one of us feel special.

I came home yesterday very exhausted but very happy. I went for a short walk and it was so good to walk in the fresh air, so clean and refreshing after a bit of rain.
I have finished and completed the tests that were planned for me. There is always the stress of the unknown in all these appointments.

I love the way the book of Genesis starts with God looking at all that has been created and He declares it to be good, complete and finished. His work was finished and ours has just begun. We are the ones who have to create peace in our own world and who have to try to help the helpless with caring compassion.

When we read the book of the gospel of John we see that John draws a picture of Jesus that lifts him above an ordinary human being to one in whom the very glory of God dwells. The words that John remembers at the death of Jesus are "It is finished".

I find that I finish one task only to have new ones waiting for me each day. Everything I do has a part in helping me become who I am. If one reads the gospel of John as Spong suggests through the eyes of a mystic one can see the divine potential in each one of our ordinary lives.

"Jesus is alive with the holy" Fully human with the divine potential fulfilled.

No comments: