Wednesday, August 25, 2010

WHO AM I?


I am tired. Off to the dentist again today. Couldn't sleep trying to figure out the intellectual route to faith. My brain must be wired differently.

So all human life has a common DNA. The same dust that makes up the stars of our Universe constitutes the substance of my human body. I am star dust. I can still dream and imagine there is more to this life than scientific knowledge is aware of.
I am my past and I am my future and this is what makes up my present moment.

It is so sad when people sneak into your house and rob you of your most precious possession your peace and security.

This picture is the entrance to the peace garden and it is so beautiful and quiet and does restore the soul.

I am reading "Eternal Life: A New Vision" by John S. Spong and I know he makes good sense and that he agrees with a lot of the critical writing of today. He admits that over the years he has changed and I am trying to change some of my thinking.

I cannot rewrite what I already wrote.

I went visiting at the Nursing Home yesterday and was disappointed to find people had gone out for lunch. I was happy for them. I carried on to visit Shirley and it was good we did because her daughter has a cold and two of her friends are sick and cannot come so she welcomed us with enthusiasm.

So many sad and tragic thinks happening in our world today, the floods in Pakistan, miners trapped deep below the surface waiting to be rescued, and the list of people on our prayer chain facing painful illness. At least I will be able to pray at the dentist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that an oxymoron, intelectual faith?
Sandra