Friday, August 6, 2010

PHILOSOPY


No this is not the right water place. The mystery has not been solved.

I was happy this morning to let the sun get up without me. I had hoped it would rain over night which would have done the all too dry earth a lot of good. There is a haze all around us from all the fires that are burning in the forest again this summer. Very sad that several water bombing pilots were killed when their airplane crashed.

I was happy that I went visiting yesterday and found my friend Kathleen had been removed very quickly by her niece from the home. She would have been unhappy and very nervous about the move. Dad and I will drive over to Burnaby to visit her today. I will write to her and we can keep in touch that way.

It is hard for us to imagine that people believed the earth was the center of the Universe not just one of many planets revolving around the sun. I am reading a critique of the book "The Critique of Pure Reason" which was written by Kant, a small man who lived all his life in a small area in Northern Germany. He appeared to do his travelling in his mind. We all see the world from the view that we ourselves can see and believe is knowable. We project our own knowledge and our own thoughts and create our world and our God. This critique was done by an atheist who was sure he would find justification in philosophy.

Kant believes that our knowledge will always be full of questions because we are limited by language as well as our intellect. It was great fun the other day hearing how people purposed marriage, which in our case I was sure I was going to be purposed to because we were in love. Right?

I found this reading to be speaking about consciousness and higher consciousness just as John Spong had been doing in his book. Just as love between two people is a mystery the love that is revealed in the stories of religion symbolizes the joy of the discovery of the amazing unconditional love of what I call God, the greatest mystery of all. On the radio they were talking about empathy where one is able to feel what another person is feeling. Although the scriptures disturb us when we read about violence and war we know that violence is a part of human nature.

Hidden among the stories and myths and the powerful message of Jesus, the Word, is the answer to our emotional and spiritual needs.

Just because I cannot find my water place because it is hidden down a path I had not gone down before and I cannot seem to find again; with so many paths to choose from and so many trees confusing me, it is still there waiting to be discovered.

That is the beauty of the presence of God, words cannot describe what has become a real awareness of who I am and the potential in me to give and to receive love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good analogy mom: the many paths through the woods are like the many ways to God.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

You have to fallow the running water and eventually it will leed you to a pond or billabong. I have never been there so i cant point you in the right direction.
ken