Thursday, August 26, 2010

THE MYSTICAL


There is a mystical beauty that expresses itself in nature.

I have a great love for the mystical writings of both the Jewish and the Christian faith. I do not know about other faiths.

I was watching a T.V. show where two men where climbing to the very top of a high mountain. It was a strenuous and exhausting task, but as they stood at the top the view took their breath away. Most of us will never have that experience we all can have moments when we feel alive within ourselves as our soul is filled with pure joy and wonder. I am looking back at some of my old writings where I have expressed some of these feelings.

I am happy that John Spong is now writing about the mystics in this chapter. To understand Jesus, this is my aside, I think we hear his humanity shine with mystical wisdom that is so simple and yet so life-changing.

I believe, like Spong, that the "essence of yesterday's religion can be transformed into to-morrow's spiritual understanding". Religion has never been nor will it ever be enclosed or imprisoned by creeds, forms, doctrines and dogmas. I was drawn as a child to a love that I could experience deep within myself.

I know that as I love myself and accept who I am I am experiencing the love of the Holy Mystical Infinite. I simply believe what I believe as it has just become a part of me. I know that I need to feel loved with a sense of security in that love. I am a person that commits my life to what I believe and I try to live out the love that has been given me.

I know that I get cranky if I get over-tired and hungry and I often regret the miserable me that takes over. I am as human as every-one else and I know I need to be able to receive and to give forgiveness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to know you are still human mom, and being cranky is one of the best ways of knowing it. I mean, even Jesus was a little cranky when he through the money changers out of the temple I bet. Must not of had a good breakfast, or had a lumpy pillow the night before. Sandra