Saturday, August 21, 2010

STUCK


I am amazed at how God, that mysterious undefinable spirit, continues to do so many good things in my life. The blessing of good friends and good books and new friends on my blog and new advice for me when I get stuck in misery; and best of all my very loving family!

We enjoyed a visit from Ava and Jasmine last week and young people are so full of ideas and dreams and we are so happy they share with us. Jasmine is home from the air force for a couple of weeks but always takes time to pop in to see us.

Our family was planning a day at the beach for to-day or to-morrow but the weather looks a little gloomy. I am hopeful it will brighten up a bit. Oliver will be here travelling from Edmonton to Victoria. We have a volley ball so a game at the beach would be great fun.

Today I am off to take a breathing test which should be a breeze and totally unnecessary but I will surprise them all!

I am taking my digestion pills, thanks Nancy. It is so helpful to have someone that understands because they have similar problems. Doctors are fine but often it is the practical advice that really helps us get unstuck.

I love the words of scripture that help lift my thoughts to a higher place. I know that all change takes serious work but as we help each other with prayer and encouragement life is good.

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them" This may be a quote from Albert Einstein.

Good health, good marriages, good friendships just don't happen they require effort.

No comments: