Saturday, August 7, 2010

A WET MORNING


This was taken yesterday morning and everyone welcomed the rain, although the change in the weather can cause aches and pains to surface. Not for me but for dad and Sandra. Sandra drove us in to see Carol and Panteli after she helped me throw away some junk. I still have a box of cards and letters and pictures that I will take my time going through. I hope that others can use some of the stuff I gave away.

Dad is now watching the Lions play. His knees are bothering him and I hope he will go to the doctor or at least try some exercise to strengthen them. He used to be so strong but now we both have to work at keeping in shape.

Love
"It is only we, with our capacity to love [for me our capacity to love flows from God] that can give meaning to an indifferent [harsh and cruel] universe".
Woody Allen Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Hear we are in this boat called life with a certain group of people, some who have join us recently and others we have been with for what seems a life time. We can find that people at times can be hard to love; especially if you be not feel lovable yourself. I do not feel very loving with a sore mouth and the threat of major dental work hanging over my head. I admit I am cranky and wish I could just relax. We all ignore pain in our lives, or we try to ignore it, but usually it has to be faced. I am not alone in my dental problem as both Sandra and Randy also have infections and teeth that need repairing.

I am so thankful that my energy has returned and that I can go for my walks which help me feel so much better. I am looking forward to going to church today after taking time away during July. Even in that time away where I spent less time in worship and in prayer God has not been absent. Worship puts me into a different space, a place of expectant faith, that gives life to my inner being.

Life for me without a caring Creator would be very lonely. I need to be reassured that I am lovable even when I am most miserable!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get the treasure map email I sent you ??
Ken

Anonymous said...

No

Anonymous said...

Sorry Ken, Yes I did but I still do not know where I went.

Thanks

love mom

Anonymous said...

i think everyone can feel like this at times in their lives-leah