Thursday, August 12, 2010

FRIENDSHIP


What an amazing view we had as I spent the day with my new friend visiting her apartment in New Westminster. The view was spectacular and the furniture extremely expensive but it was the colourful plastic flowers she added everywhere made it comfortable and enjoyable. The day was just right for riding the bus and I was even able to stop at the bakery and buy two loaves of glutin free bread. She is trying to decide whether to live here in Delta in a nice home near her family, who do not visit her often enough; or stay in her apartment where she has some friends. She has bad knees so walking is hard for her. Her English is a little hard to understand so she does not make friends easily. Like many who come from the Old Country her and her husband sought out many Italian friends. She has lost touch with many of these and she is very lonely.

As I travel into the big city I see many people on their own and I think many people look unhappy; as they rush by us two old women strolling along.

I value my friendships and consider myself very blessed to have many caring people in my life. Today we will be visited by four of the five girls are family befriend years ago. One is now married and will bring her hubby along, one has a baby and will bring the baby along. The other two are still in school full of great ideas and plans for their future. Life has not been easy for this family but they have a gift of imagination that brightens their lives and they know they have to try hard to get ahead in this world.

I will not be doing my Newton Home visiting unless they are coming this morning. I think I ate something wrong, some cold meat, so had a bad attack in the night. Poor dad having to listen to me being sick. It seems like a simple thing to not eat wheat or oats or barley etc. but this darn stuff is hidden in so many foods.

I am especially thankful that Jesus is my friend who walked and talked and experience the joys and sorrows of friendships. He needed friends and so do we all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is nice that your day went well, did you bus all the way from your house? I hope she makes up her mind soon, kind of silly to live in 2 houses.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Well if you can afford to be silly why not. Whatever she decides she will wish she had chosen the other I am sure.
Yes, we took two buses and had short walks at both ends.
I have often thought a summer cabin would be nice to own and go to in the summer but then on the other hand we are happy just hanging around here.
love mom