Sunday, August 7, 2011

ACCOMPLISHED


Dad and I both had a great day yesterday and managed to accomplished all the things I was hoping we could!  Dad did an awesome job gathering up and cutting up old pieces of wood and took them to our neighbors for her daughter who lives on acreage and they heat their house by a wood burning furnace.

I made some muffins and we went to visit Jim at the Home who was having his 83 birthday.  His daughter and her boyfriend and his grand daughter where there and we had cake and coffee with them.  (yes, no cake for me).  He was in good spirits and very appreciative.

On to the library to get my books back before they where overdue.  (Forgot my card so did not come home with my usual pile of heavy reading,  Did pick out a few D.V.D's and they let me check them out on the only I.D/ I had which was my picture on my volunteer visitor's  badge.

Drove over and had a visit with Noreen and Gord.  Noreen is home from hospital after breaking bones in her foot.  A busy happy household with family visiting and taking good care of her.

We came home and had a light supper and afterward went for a walk in the Watershed Park.


To be able to do the things that really matter make life worthwhile.  A good day that gave us a deep feeling of gratitude and renewed strength.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy day.Melina and I saw the movie Rise of the planet of the Apes. It was great.
Ken

beth bennett said...

I am so pleased you hadf a date!

I heard it was good.

love mom